Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Knee Deep in the Dead gets a new look

mewse said:

no remote linking, put up some html

I'm not sure what you mean. Give me an example and I'll fix whatever seems to be the problem.

ahh using the tall sky proggie lumpy i see ? i have some cool skys and i want to try and make them 240 by 260 but i get a black image

ReX, it doesn't show the image, it shows an image that says remote linking is forbidden. Make an HTML with those skies on them so we can view them.

player said:

ahh using the tall sky proggie lumpy i see...

Actually, I didn't just stretch the skies, I manually created (drew) the additional scenery (such as the foothills in front of the original hills).

BBG said:

ReX, it doesn't show the image, it shows an image that says remote linking is forbidden...

Ah, I understand. Because the images were in my cache, they displayed fine when I clicked on the link. When I used another computer, however, I realized what the problem was. It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sweet i did a easy way of doing a 256 x 240 sky

just go to attributes in the tools menu of ms paint, then type 240 in place of 128 , then go to ok the press stretch/skew go to vertical and type 200, then go back to attributes and type 240 in place of 480

player said:

sweet i did a easy way of doing a 256 x 240 sky

just go to attributes in the tools menu of ms paint, then type 240 in place of 128 , then go to ok the press stretch/skew go to vertical and type 200, then go back to attributes and type 240 in place of 480

Effectively defeating the whole purpose of making tall skies.

ok i tested them in edge and in legacy, legacy does a better job working with it edge makes them look bad

player said:

just go to attributes in the tools menu of ms paint, then ....

What this will do is no different than if you use the Stretch Skies option in ZDooM. Most 128-high skies will look crappy when stretched in this manner. Which is why I took the trouble to make the sky taller by drawing out the extra hills and sky/clouds.

For the blue colored sky I started with my new tall sky, then replaced only the sky and clouds. To get the brilliant blue color in-game, I used a custom PLAYPAL in my wad. (Many thanks to Csabo for creating the PLAPAL lump for one of my earlier projects.)