Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

YET ANOTHER version of Cube released (1.3)

That was quick eh?

I have done further tweakings to Cube. It no longer has the Cleimos 2 levels, textures, graphics, ect. Everything involving Cleimos 2 has been removed (Except for the Biobot...he will remain in the game as I search for a new graphic for him...if you have a good one, e-mail me).

I have also removed all the music, changing it back to the original Doom 2 music. The sound effects remain, as well as everything else: Weapons, monsters, everything else.

The Dehacked file has been edited accordingly to fit the level change.

A special gift for you as well! I have also released "Classic Cube". Classic Cube is the way Cube was when I first started it 2 years ago. Nothing is altered in the game except the BFG. It can now create monsters, just like in regular Cube. Only now, it creates the regular Doom 2 monsters instead :). So you can play a regular Doom 2 Deathmatch game with all the normal weapons (chainguns, super shotguns, plasma rifles, ect.), but also be able to create monsters to fight your enemies with.

There are 2 versions of this patch. The first is the one I just described above. The other is called "Classic Cube CS". Classic Cube CS is exactly the same except for one thing: I replaced the Demon and Spectre (both which are pretty useless monsters to make in deathmatch) into none other than the CyberDemon and Spider Demon, complete with their correct sizes, HP, speed, frames, and sounds >:). Quite a delight when you spawn a Cybie on your enemies hehe.

Here’s the link once again...its also in my sig...I've done some tweaking to the website as well. Thanks for your feedback.

http://rubilacxe2.tripod.com/

EDIT: I accidentally had it so the Spider Demon was partially invisible when spawned, since he originally was a Spectre...the problem has been fixed and a new version has been uploaded onto the site.

I had a problem with cube 1.2, namley the extra sprites didnt work, well, most of them didnt (except the pistol), cause in wintex they where in the graphics folder, not the sprites one..but then this was under legacy, maybe i should try it under zdoom or something..

BlackFish said:

which weapon is the enemy spawner?

I fired all the weapons but none of them appear

You need to fire the BFG replacement weapon from a longer distance then.

P.S to Rubilacxe: There's a TON of wasted space inside cube.wad. I'd suggest using a program like NWT to clean the wasted space off.

CacodemonLeader said:

You need to fire the BFG replacement weapon from a longer distance then.

P.S to Rubilacxe: There's a TON of wasted space inside cube.wad. I'd suggest using a program like NWT to clean the wasted space off.

yeah I could really use that...where can I find that program?

deathbringer said:

I had a problem with cube 1.2, namley the extra sprites didnt work, well, most of them didnt (except the pistol), cause in wintex they where in the graphics folder, not the sprites one..but then this was under legacy, maybe i should try it under zdoom or something..

I have not tested Doom Legacy in a long time...but I will check it out and see what I can do

UPDATE: I have tried to get things to work with Legacy but I'm not as good as I used to be I guess. I don't know why the majority of sprites are in the graphics section of the WAD insted of the sprites section where they belong. I will try to get some help on this and the problem will be fixed on 1.4 (which shouldn't take too long to make). I apologize to Legacy users...the game works great on Legacy and its one of the best engines to use with Cube (sometimes better than ZDoom), but as of now, many of the graphics wont work. I am working on it to the best of my abilities. I apologize for the inconvienence.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I've fixed the problem Legacy users were having with most of the graphics being missing. I will release this fix with version 1.4 which should be coming soon.

Fuck knows, but it was useless for me. I would spawn some enemies and they would just turn round and kill me.

haha sorry...I do not know how to make monsters fight for you (can you do that in Doom anyway?)...I'd love to do so, but I do not know how.

You could make an entire set of friendly monsters in EDGE (and even give them different graohics XD), but unfortunatley you cant change what creatures the boss cubes spawn, so it wouldnt be any use XD (This is also why ultimate hell probably wont have an icon boss after all, i'll just make a mega-cyberdemon or something predictable like that XD)