Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Big Changes to Cube (1.4 now available)

I've made some fairly big changes to my MOD, Cube.

First off...I've fixed the problem Doom Legacy users were having with most of the sprites not displaying during the game. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but I got it done haha. Go me.

Anyways, I've put in new graphics for almost all of the weapons. I've added a few new sounds here and there. For one thing, I've totally replaced the Minigun. It is now the Tec-9, a cool looking machine pistol. It is no longer "heavy" now as well since it isn't a big chaingun. (if you don't know what that means, notice how long it takes to pull out the Napalm Cannon or Creature Creator..thats what I mean). I've also gotten rid of the Desert Eagle and replaced it with a SOCOM Pistol, which suits the accuracy/weakness characteristics of pistol in the game better than the DE.

Changing the Minigun means changing the Minigun Guard...he now has the Tec-9. I've also tweaked the Spider Demon slightly.

One of the best things I've done is running a clean on the wad, ridding it of wasted space...I've taken the WAD itself from 18 MB to 5! Making the zip a nice 2.94 MB to download.

Check out all the nice little updates at the site

http://rubilacxe2.tripod.com/

I play with Zdoom and the monster spawner is still bugged with me.

The monster spawns inside me telefragging me.

yeah, for some reason while using ZDOOM the monster goes inside of you and kills you. Unfortunitly I have no idea how to fix this. If anyone knows possibly how to fix it, let me know.

is anyone else having problems with the Creature Creator while using Legacy? Used to be, you could create it and it would just appear on your head and be on its merry way...but now it gets stuck in you...at least for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Okay, i just IDKFA'd in legacy to get the creature creator and it..doesnt create creatures, it looks like a boss cube, but when it hits it just goes up in a BFG blast

Also, a question-is cube gonna start containing new levels? cause i could make some perhaps.. (well, level 7 is near-impossible with those BFG mancubus things XD)

you have to let the Cube go a certain distance, without it hitting anything, and THEN it should disappear and create a monster on your head (or kill you, depending on the source port you use...although I'm having weird issues now with Legacy).

if you are on Nightmare Mode, then the Creature Creator will NOT make monsters and it will act like a BFG with 3x damage and slow rate of fire.

As for levels, I have no plans on making them, but I would LOVE to have some if you really want to make them...e-mail me with your ideas if you have any.

Well i am working on my own project, but have become stalled on the second level (making base levels realistic results in effing tedious grey coridoors XD), so i could make you some more 'doomy' maps if you want, probably early levels because theyre smaller and can be made faster..ooh well, i knock out some stuff and let you look

Has anyone tried Cube with JDoom? Just tried it today..its pretty pimp. One complaint I have is that the Electrode Gun shots burst with a green cloud when they hit somthing, since they are contructed off of Baron shots, but otherwise, a very enjoyable experience....and much easier to DM on (at least for me).

I tried the creature creator in legacy today and got it to 'work', ie yes it did create a biobot on my head XD, i'll start work on a map01 replacement for cube tomorrow, like, a short base level with only a few weak enemies, should be pretty quick to finish (maybe i'll finish level 2 of ultimate hell one day too XD)