Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rubilacxe

ZDOOM Level Recommendation

I just played through Hell Factory recently...pretty good ZDOOM Wad....can anyone recommend some other cool ZDOOM Wads?

Lilwhitemouse's Chosen (I would advise more wads by her, but it is the only one where she has a download up).

Go get it here:

Imechanation.deepdreams.net/index.html

Little Faith said:

Lilwhitemouse's Chosen (I would advise more wads by her, but it is the only one where she has a download up).

Well, there's shouldn't have been a link. Fixed now. I have test versions of Chosen and Gunsmith Cats uploaded, no idea how buggy they are though.

Chosen -
http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/ch126.txt
http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/ch126.cab

Gunsmith Cats -
http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/gsc_rr14.txt
http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/gsc_rr14.cab

You should be able to find all the following using the idgames archives database.

Dark 7 + Dark 7 Mission pack

Darkest Hour + Darkest Hour Mission Pack

Doom Resurrection

KZDoom 1-7

Pleiades

Sincity 1 & 2

Trust

Zort 1-9 (the later ones are better ;) )

Lilwhitemouse, why do you persist never to have ANY downloads up on your page?

Many of your betas are extremely playable.

Little Faith said:

Lilwhitemouse, why do you persist never to have ANY downloads up on your page?

Webspace. I only have 20 megs, and Chosen takes 7+ alone. That's why I'm working on getting everything to a point where I'm content to send it off to 3d archives.

I can email you a demo of the first level of Pacman DooM if ya want.

But anyway, how about that uh Massmouth thing, and 007: License to spell doom? They're both in the archives.

Paranoia, if you dont mind rubbish weapon graphics, enemies which are 3 times taller than you, oh and its hard XD

Temple.wad, cool-lloking weapons, not as hard as [aranoia (its made by the same guy), long, in fact i dont think i ever finished it XD

deathbringer said:

Paranoia, if you dont mind rubbish weapon graphics, enemies which are 3 times taller than you, oh and its hard XD

Yeah, that's why I replaced or scaled down most of the sprites and removed the weapons (they were pure graphics replacements anyway) before playing it. In its original form it completely sucked (the levels themselves were nice, however.)

In addition to the stuff mentioned so far:

Captain Mancubus
Project Slipgate
Underworld beta 4
Herian 2, Southern Cross, Bella (although those 3 wads only use mapinfo/sndinfo/animdefs stuff and nothing else)
Fortress of D'Sparil (ZDoom Heretic)

(Oh, and the stuff on my sig, too...)

Am I the only one who found Herian 2 extremely dull?

Same goes for Tei Tenga. I havent finished it though, because I couldnt stand the boredom any longer. Does it get better further on?

Assmaster said:

Same goes for Tei Tenga. I havent finished it though, because I couldnt stand the boredom any longer. Does it get better further on?

Hehehehhe, no. It's definately a err..."different" wad.

Assmaster said:

Am I the only one who found Herian 2 extremely dull?

yeah I never got far into herian2 when it came out, and actually one of the major gripes people had with tei tenga when it came out was the lack of enemies in comparison with the scripts and size of the maps. I actually only played like the first two or so maps when it was released but I finally played the entire thing through a few months ago. It's not as boring as I remember, and it does get a bit more interesting later on but yeah the first couple maps are rather sparse heh