Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

a WAD Searcher?

Is there a thing were I can just type in the WAD I am looking for and it takes me right to it?

except the doomworld one never finds anything if you dare put in more than one word, like "alpha plasma" or "alpha plasma gun" or even "plasma gun from the doom aplha", so you have to just put in "plasma" and trawl through the 230 results by hand, but if you dare to press 'back' (yes, im using IE not the obscureshitbrowser7.6 it was probably designed for) it goes back to a blank search page

The default search on idgames database is for filenames, and there are no files on 3darchives with more than one word because it isn't allowed (they have to be 8-letter DOS file names).

If you set it to something else (author, title, description, etc) it'll quite happily search for things with more than one word. Of course if there is nothing containing all the words you've typed in, it won't find anything.

NiGHTMARE said:

If you set it to something else (author, title, description, etc) it'll quite happily search for things with more than one word. Of course if there is nothing containing all the words you've typed in, it won't find anything.

I think the search function is a bit less powerful than that - it appears just to search for the sequence of text you have entered. For instance, searching "Whole textfile" for "Hell Revealed" gives 35 results, while searching for "Revealed Hell" or "Hell Revealed" (with a double space) gives zero results.

you dorks, if you want the idgames db to search for more than one word by separating them by spaces, then how about you fucking email me and suggest it. jesus.

Linguica said:

you dorks, if you want the idgames db to search for more than one word by separating them by spaces, then how about you fucking email me and suggest it. jesus.

The idgames database rules, thanks for making it.

Linguica said:

Man, you're lucky I don't have ban powers

You have sausage powers though ^_^

Yes, the idgames archive search doobie thing is great :D

All bow down to it!

Doomsearch still exists, but the server its on has been down for the past week or so, so its inaccessible. I suggest you just use Ling's idgames search instead, as its better anyway.

fraggle said:

Doomsearch still exists, but the server its on has been down for the past week or so, so its inaccessible. I suggest you just use Ling's idgames search instead, as its better anyway.

Doomsearch still have a thing there is better than idgames db. That is no popups.