Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
captmellow

lava anim

After seeing the lava ingame, I would like frame 2 copied over frame 4. 12341234 becomes 12321232. The current anim looks bad (jumpy).

I did initially only put in 4 but I fixed it later on. All of the recent wads have 5 frames for the lava animation.

Well, we should stick w/ the stock 4 frames, then, & go w/ 12321232. It was my fault fior submitting more than 4 to begin w/, I suppose.

I think all the ports support extra frames, as even plain doom(2).exe support it. If some wacky port don't support it, what can go wrong? all the base frames are still there.

So now we have an animation that is jumpy on ALL ports, but we could have an animation that might jumpy on perhaps one port.

as Fraggle said, there's no problem with >4 frames in vanilla Doom, but having seen the animation i think tinkering a bit with it could be just as effective as adding a few more frames.

I think all the ports support extra frames, as even plain doom(2).exe support it. [...] what can go wrong?

I think that will break PWADs containing replacement lava frames, because they'll only be replacing 4. But I could be wrong.

Let me reiterate my request as to how I want my contributed lava textures to be handled:

Pare it down to 4 frames, & set the sequence to 12321232.

Please honor my request. Thank you.

Heck, Espi is chomping at the bit to put his own lava in anyway. If this is going to turn into a battle, then just pull them. I expected this thread to have all of 2 messages in it: me asking, & then Fraggle saying "done".

as there's no replacement policy worked out yet, mellow's lave should go in for now, and cph is right, stick to 4 frames to pwads replacing them don't have a spare frame.