Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nuts! thats hard. after an hour or so with my fists i finally beat it. Heh, actually it's so slow, i get an error, and cant do anything.

Heh it might be manageable if the framerate wasn't 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 frame per second heh. :P

Heh, i did actually manage to beat nuts 2 without cheating, though it involves a lot of crazy suicidal runs, saving and being patient while the monsters kill themselves XD

deathbringer said:

Heh, i did actually manage to beat nuts 2 without cheating, though it involves a lot of crazy suicidal runs, saving and being patient while the monsters kill themselves XD

Bah! saving is cheating. It's just an inefficient god mode. There are no second chances in real life. Just one chance to get it right and that's it. No oppotunity to reload when it all goes wrong. :-P

omg /downloads

This is going to be awesome. Even with freeze mode on nuts2 would slow.

For the love of all that is holy and sweet who keeps making these things and tempting me so?!?!?!?!

/me downloads

My 2.4 ghz box is getting like 5 fps on this.

Heh, with IDDQD, you can use the enemies as a living bridge and just run around on top of them for a while.

Hmm, it doesn't run that bad over here, but I see no way in beating it.

Use3D said:

Hmm, it doesn't run that bad over here, but I see no way in beating it.

Just curious... What is your configuration?

heh, no i didnt complete nuts 2 in max kills XD, i tried, but kept BFGing the cyber demons until i could get no more cells, then jsut thought fuck it and grabbed the last invincibility and ran like hell XD

Rich said:

Just curious... What is your configuration?

Well, I'm using zdoom on my beefy amd, and things seem playable in the center, then once a shot is fired the framerate drops terribly. staying around the edges of the map helps alot, but with everyone shooting it still runs like shit. Also facing the 'ivory tower' is very bad. I dropped to a lower resolution but it's doesn't help.
I also tried it with prBoom and it runs great, until the monsters wake up that is..

I've been playing around with it a bit, and I presume it is intended to be played in "you can run over monsters' heads mode" (so Zdoom rather than Prboom :( ). [If there's a way to do it without that, I'd be very interested to see it.] Then it isn't too difficult to get quite close to the exit in purely pacifist style, but I'm not sure how best to handle all the arch-viles surrounding it. I'm sure there's more than one way, but not certain what might give the best chance of success.

I'm doing the /newstuff reviews this week, and I've made a startling discovery!

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/newstuff/idoom.zip

download that (it's a dehacked patch in a wad) and play it with nuts3. One pistol shot will clear out the large part of the monsters and remove their corpses and then nuts3 is beatable (except for those damned arch-viles)!

also for some added fun, turn on god mode and do some ssg jumps (you'll need to use a port with mlook). In zdoom anyway you go insanely high, it's quite awesome.

Well, OK, it is definitely possible as long as you can walk over monsters' heads - I recorded a demo: Zdoom 2.0.47, UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:49. It takes a few minutes to play back on my system (P4 2.2 GHz, 1 Gb RAM), so on older systems it might take all night.

[edit]Pressing that first switch is unnecessary with the multi-archie jump I use to reach the exit, so that gives you a bigger margin of error on this route than the demo suggests.[/edit]

It's only 3K, so I'll try to attach it...

nuts3-49.zip

You darned mods showing off your "attachment" powers. You're all on a power trip!@$!

BTW, 1500th post!

OK, next time I have a 3K file I want to attach, I'll just append it to my avatar using a hex editor, since that is something all forum users with at least 250 posts could do.