Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

now i can get a new kick ass pc!

ok after last fridays bust of a local gang and a few drug dealers we got paid a large some for turning in the information from families of victims and victims them selvs, as well as other anti-gang people. i got over $1200 for the information leading to the capture of 3 fugitives. plus with the $700 from my last 3 paychecks i can finally get a new PC, and i am going to build this one. I am also getting a playstation 2. so i am asking what type of mother board i should get, i already know what other parts i will get, but i do not know mother boards well. well tell me the best parts i can get for my large chunk of cash.

- getting a playstation 2. so i am asking what type of mother board i should get-----------------------------------------------------------

you do not get a choice of motherboard with ps2

what i ment to say was i will also be getting a PS2 along with building a new computer. not building a PS2. I know i am a fast and messy typer but i am still trying to find out which mother board will be the best to get

Get an ABIT KT7-A Raid motherboard. They are really good, as long as you dont want a voodoo card. (it wont work)
If you are thinking of a voodoo, get the ASUS A7V.

Get an ABIT KT7-A Raid motherboard.

ABIT motherboards are pretty poorly constructured. They're capable of newer technologies but they incorporate them through older methods. They're OK if you're looking for a bargain but they're far from top-quality.

hey can anyone give me there opinion on these motherboards if you guys have it or use it at work. ASUS A7A266 or the ad11 by fic. i plan to to use the amd 1.4ghz with one of these boards i just wanna know the stability if its good or not?

The A7A266 is a SWEET board. A buddy of mine just bought one and put a Thunderbird 1.33 Ghz in it. Of course, Intergraph doesn't make Win2k drivers for his Voodoo2, so he's stuck in video hell (640x480 at 16 colors!!)!

What with DDR RAM being so freakin cheap, and the fact that the A7A266 uses both DDR and SDRAM, I'd say it's the best bet out there right now.

DC

ya thats what i thought you would say i had my eye on it for a while i just wasnt sure. you know prices and all :)yup thank god its atx compatible i thought i was gonna hev to spend money on a new case but nope :)