Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Zaldron - Read

Taken from VoodooExtreme:

Mr Green leaves Epic 11:11 AM (your time) - Robert "Apache" Howarth - Games: Action - (1)

I noticed over at Epic Knights that James Green, model and animator stud is no longer working at Epic Games. Here's the post he made about it in the mot-too-distant past (it seems he wanted to help out the mod community with another patch, but "The Man" wouldn't let him do it):

I'm not working for Epic anymore. My parting was semi-amicable, meaning most people there I am still on good terms with.

I tried to do my best to get the programmers to make things easier for the community while I was there, but every thing was as if I was asking for the most unreasonable things. I couldn't even get them to put Advanced Model Support into an offical patch, even though it works better than the default system.

Unfortunately it won't get much better I imagine. I really hope they raise the class limit in a future patch, as they promised me many times. The other fundamental problems with Unreal modeling probably will stick around for some time to come. Unreal Championship and Unreal Warfare are both just beefed up Unreal Engine games, so the serialization issues will be around for a while.

Zaldron, you were right after all :)

"Unreal Championship and Unreal Warfare are both just beefed up Unreal Engine games, so the serialization issues will be around for a while."

Mmh, that could be a slam or could be the truth. I swear people starts sweating when someone says "DOOM 3" in an interview ;)