Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Flametrooper

Doom demos and win xp crap ?

Pleeeease help me ! I'm desperate.

I have DooM 2 ver 1.9 and some 2 nice demos I would love to see. I mean, doom2 done quick and another one, nightmare.

I have windows xp here and no matter what I try I can't run any demo on this crap.

I know I should run doom2 with parameter -playdemo DEMOName, but it doesn't work at all ! To be exact, I can't force xp to run any file with a parameter ! I tried thru "run command", "command line" etc - it doesn't work !

Not to mention I had to type literally "doom2 .exe" to run the game. Notice the space between 2 and dot - it doesn't work without it !

Is there any way to run a program in XP with command line parameter ?

-------------------

I think it's also possible to create IWAD with demo1 and demo2 replaced. I've spent several hours trying to find right programs and create the damn iwad. I can't.

COuld someone help me ? Is this possible to do in xp ?

You can't get doom(2).exe to work good with winxp.
So don't bother with it. :)

Go here and Download Prboom.
It is great for watch doom2.exe demos and also have alot of great features for demo watching. :)

I think you could try to run it with
doom2.exe -playdemo blah.lmp -nosound

Or you could just get prboom.

prboom definitely for watching demos. Amazingly, never bettered for that purpose.

Assmaster said:

I think you could try to run it with
doom2.exe -playdemo blah.lmp -nosound

Or you could just get prboom.

It still lags worser than doom3 on a 500mhz, I think.

I use Doom2.exe quite often in XP, but only to test that demos recorded with PrBoom play back correctly with it. I bring up a command prompt and put in a command line such as:
doom2 -file rw.wad -playdemo rw06-059
Note:
1) No need for paths - everything should be in your Doom2 folder.
2) Do not put a ".lmp" extension after the demo name.
3) I chose "no sound" when setting up Doom2.exe. If you didn't do this, then you need to add "-nosound" in the command line.

For simply watching Doom2.exe demos, PrBoom/GLBoom certainly has the best compatibility, and the nicest graphics options. Eternity is also worth trying though. Demos are a bit less likely to play back OK, but the compatibility is pretty good, and you have the additional options of chasecam and walkcam - that way you can see what was going on out of the player's sight.

Thanks a lot !

I can't believe it, but it works just fine.

I'll check this forum when I finish watching those demos. It seems to be greatest (traffic-wise) DooM forum I found so far.

DEMOn said:

Out of curiousity, what demos are you watching?

I have DooM 2 ver 1.9 and some 2 nice demos I would love to see. I mean, doom2 done quick and another one, nightmare.