Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wow, this is quite possibly the most annoying wad ever :P

i was considering making the palette optional.. but it never bugged me enough to bother. if you want you can just delete the playpal lump though.

Gwa!!! Oh, my brain hurts. Of course, the palette didn't help, but even without it, it's painful. I can't listen to music right now, because I keep thinking it's backwards. Ugh, nice job, though, it's definitely... different.

I first played with MooD about a year ago; a great program, the output has to be seen to be believed.

That's what you should have limited your effort to, Baldy. As it is, MoodDoom is an unplayable joke, and very bad publicity for Serge and Maikl's excellent program.

Never_Again said:

As it is, MoodDoom is an unplayable joke

Well, I guess you got HALF the point.

Dude, you better have flipped the patches upside-down. Or inverted 'em.

ARGH!!!! That music is fucking with my brain :P

The pallette is awful though. Were the textures flipped or anything? Some of them look like that have been, but some dont (maybe it's just that they're symmetrical so you can't tell).

And there's a switch missing by the green armour at the start of E1M1

This is your brain (hold up an egg)
This is your brain while playing Sky Ma....I mean MoodDoom (shows egg frying in pan)
Any questions?

/me downloads
EDIT: Well, I just zoomed through all levels, even E1M9, and well.....wtf is all I can say. Pretty cool, but messed up at the same time. It looks like you're running in Doom's first Ep1 reversed (which you are), but it's like you're running around in permanently invulnerability mode. And the backwards sounds and stuff are funny.

The Flange Peddler said:

And there's a switch missing by the green armour at the start of E1M1

He probably used an older version (pre v1.666 I think) of the level, when that switch wasn't there.

I thought you were porting MooD. Damn you.

Well at least you can actually see with the invulnerability on. :P

Ichor said:

This is your brain (hold up an egg)
This is your brain while playing Sky Ma....I mean MoodDoom (shows egg frying in pan)
Any questions?

Iuse the pan like a tennis racqet(sp).

insertwackynamehere said:

It should be called WooDDooM

no, because nothing is upside-down, it's just backwards. otherwise that name would work.

Grimm said:

Dude, you better have flipped the patches upside-down. Or inverted 'em.

yes, they're reversed. not is inverted, everything is just backwards. inverted doom maps would look just like regular doom maps (although the textures wouldn't of course).

BlackFish said:

wtf is with the fog?

the palette turns everything light dark, and dark light, so darkness just appears as a bright fog.

NiGHTMARE said:

He probably used an older version (pre v1.666 I think) of the level, when that switch wasn't there.

yeah, i think i used 1.2, just because that was the shareware version i grew up on, and never had any problems with it.

Never_Again said:

As it is, MoodDoom is an unplayable joke, and very bad publicity for Serge and Maikl's excellent program.

er, what? i found it quite playable myself, and this is no way affiliated with Mood, although that program is genius and of course was a big help. the reversed maps are fun but i just thought it would be fun to take it a step further. or 3 steps. well, more like 9 or something.

The pallate is evil. If it werent for that, this would be much cooler. The "new" enemy sounds are hilarious. The imp sounds like he's barfing when he dies.

The palette does fail it... plus it seems to become normal when you pick something up. I removed it and it was better.

Amusing, actually.

About the sounds; the reversed Imp's active sound is kind of like a frog croaking, and the Shotgun blast reminds me of the sound those exploding pods in Heretic make when they spawn. The DSSLOP sound is nasty reversed... sounds like someone's got a bad case of diarrhea.

I played through and it was funny when I made bad turns and crashed into walls and stuff.

To touch it up you might want to make a DeHackEd patch effectively reversing the map name and intermission texts (not just the fonts.) Also, the intermission screens need touching up, either by making the blinking stuff invisible (easiest solution) or by looking for a way to make the frames appear in the right places.

myk said:

The palette does fail it... plus it seems to become normal when you pick something up. I removed it and it was better.

yes, it does that, because apparently fredrik forgot to do that part of it. oh well.

myk said:

I played through and it was funny when I made bad turns and crashed into walls and stuff.

heh yeah, it's rather annoying like that. i've tested enough i'm actually used it though. next time i play shareware doom i'm going to be a bit confused though heh.

myk said:

To touch it up you might want to make a DeHackEd patch effectively reversing the map name and intermission texts (not just the fonts.)

eh, there's a dehacked lump that reverses everything except cheat codes afaik. unless you managed to get it working in doom.exe or something.

Trippy! Just finished playing it now. Personally, I liked the palette and the music and stuff. If it had been just the reversed levels, I probably would have just gone "What, this is stupid". Still gets boring after a while though.

BTW, did you use a really old version of the maps to make this, or did you put the E1M4 swastika back in yourself?

Draconio said:

Trippy! Just finished playing it now. Personally, I liked the palette and the music and stuff. If it had been just the reversed levels, I probably would have just gone "What, this is stupid". Still gets boring after a while though.

yeah, the whole point was that i wanted to go all out, no matter how bad it might seem that way. reversed levels by themselves get boring rather quickly imho.

Draconio said:

BTW, did you use a really old version of the maps to make this, or did you put the E1M4 swastika back in yourself?

yeah, i used 1.2, because that was the version i grew up on. i liked that room better with the swatstika, it was just meant as an easter egg to wolf3d. oh well.

Grogglogobofink said:
eh, there's a dehacked lump that reverses everything except cheat codes afaik. unless you managed to get it working in doom.exe or something.

Ah, I see it now, the DEHACKED lump there on top. And yeah, I ran it using Doom.

heh, it always crashed doom.exe for me which is why i recommended boom, and why i put the dehacked lump in. oh well, so long as it works i guess.

Actually for Boom itself you'd have to extract the DEH as well to add it to the command line (though naturally not for most of its spawn or compatibles; MBF, PrBoom, ZDoom, etc.) To run it on Doom one needs to do deutex -append mooddoom.wad (adds the unmodified flats and sprites to the PWAD), and also to tweak the flat markers to FF_START and F_END.