Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

I don't auto-subscribe to threads I post in or create anymore..

Yes, please clarify. Then I'll know whether to hell or blog this thread. :p

Your control panel is here, BTW.

Grazza said:

Yes, please clarify. Then I'll know whether to hell or blog this thread. :p

Can't you just hell blogs instead? =P

Ok, basically when I post in a thread, or create a thread, I am usually auto-subscribed to it, so in my Control Panel, I can see recently posted-in threads, that I'm subscribed to. However, for some reason, I'm not being subscribed to the threads I make, or post in. Also, I would like to get rid of the letters from "Nobody", in my inbox, telling me when someone replied to a post.

insertwackynamehere said:

Also, I would like to get rid of the letters from "Nobody", in my inbox, telling me when someone replied to a post.

Where it says "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" have you got it set to "yes"?

Weird. What about "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?" and "Send you an email when you receive a Private Message?" ?

I don't see why they should be relevant, but I've got them set to "no" and I don't get any of this stuff, and all the other options look even less relevant.

OK, disabled all e-mail related stuff, but still not auto-subscribing to threads. It's just a pain to try and remember to click "subscribe"...

Well, thing is it had always auto-subscribed to any thread I had posted in or created before (same with insertwackynamehere).

Grazza said:

Where it says "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" have you got it set to "yes"?

It's set to No, just like UV, and I still get them. But I made a rule in Outlook, where anything from "Nobody" gets sent to the folder "Doomworld"

EDIT: Now I got it to go to the trash can immediatatly! W00t!
EDIT: Now they get permantly deleted! Double W00t!

I'm getting these awful e-mails now. It needs to be stopped somehow.

As a temporary solution, this link may or may not be useful.

Hopefully somebody figures it out soon.
Maybe it's something Ling overwrote messing with the blogs recently. It's been happening for maybe a week now... to me at least. Until I saw insertwackynamehere's post I thought I was just having cookie issues or something.

Things only changed for me today, after I had clicked on the "Subscribe to this thread" button just to see what it did. Thereafter, I seemed to get subscribed to every thread I posted in, and to get the e-mails, even though I hadn't specifically subscribed to them, and still had e-mail notification disabled.

Anyway, maybe the fault has already been corrected (check your subscribed threads list).

No. But as soon as I'd subscribed to a single thread, it started subscribing me to all threads that I posted in. Now that I've unsubsribed from all threads, it has stopped subscribing me to new ones. So maybe it's either all or none.

BTW, there haven't been any comments in the moderators' forum about this issue; if the problems persist, I'll ask about it.

I was thinking that perhaps an admin had seen some of these comments and had quietly corrected the fault(s).

Are you still getting subscribed to threads you don't want to be subscribed to, and are you still getting e-mail notifications that you never asked for?

No no, I was never subscribed to threads I didn't want to be subscribed to... see, I have always been auto-subscribed before -- we're having a related-but-opposite problem -- but I LIKED being auto-subscribed. I hate having to click "subscribe" every time...

So the fact that I'm constantly being e-mailed and the fact that auto-subscription doesn't work anymore (and sometimes manual subscription doesn't even stick) are the annoyances I am reporting here. I'm sure that the e-mail especially is a pain in the ass for the server, especially if it's happening to EVERYBODY.