Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

Have an idea for the last doom wad ever

Okay- so when Doom3 comes out Doom1 and 2 are gonna feel somewhat infearier- well to me anyways- and the old Dooms are gonna drift away from memory. Think of Wolfenstien3d practically vanishing from thought after Return to Castle Wolfenstein- so I thought why doens't someone make a WAD that has bits and pieces of classic wads all rolled into one? Think of it as a 'farewell wad'. Like, you could be outside near the seashore of Earth.wad, and then when you turn the corner you open a door to the store room from Galaxia.wad, and then you turn afew more corners and it leads to the alien infested hallways of Aliens.wad, and the halls could lead to a staircase that takes to the room of nuts.wad, or something like that anyways. I reckon its a pretty nifty idea. Too much work for me though.

Oh, and have sad, farewell music in the background. Yes, I am a sentimental Doom player.

I don't think Wolf3D was thriving up to the point when RTCW came out- and if it had been, I don't believe it would have been killed off by the new game.

Doom1/2 and Doom3 are just separate games, and the latter won't kill the former.

And Equinox will remain forever as the greatest add-on for any game ever. So there. :p

OH MY GOD HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SUGGEST THAT THE GREATEST GAME THAT EVER WAS, IS AND WILL BE WILL FADE FROM MEMORY, SIR I SPIT ON YOU!!!

Cyb said:

OH MY GOD HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SUGGEST THAT THE GREATEST GAME THAT EVER WAS, IS AND WILL BE WILL FADE FROM MEMORY, SIR I SPIT ON YOU!!!

ditto, oh and btw:
Foofoo, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

If DooM dies, I go with it. If DooM goes to hell, I will have no reason to exist, therefore I will thrust myself down into hell and bring DooM back from the grave. If nothing can bring back DooM, I shall begin work on the greatest wad ever made, including the infamous fake-room-over-room. You wouldn't know if it's fake3D or not.

Oh, god damn, I forgot I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about it until I'm done with it :\

From what I can tell, the already tiny Wolfenstein 3D community wasn't affected by RTCW one bit (except maybe being the inspiration a couple of new TCs). Maybe a lot of those guys are such enormous cheapsakes they refuse to spend the money neccessary to upgrade to a computer capable of running even Doom 1. Who knows :)

I believe that is called the 3DGamers archives. :P Heh, seriously, whaddya mean?

Foofoo said:

Okay- so when Doom3 comes out Doom1 and 2 are gonna feel somewhat infearier- well to me anyways- and the old Dooms are gonna drift away from memory.

Please crawl back under your rock whence you sprung and drift away from my memory.

And to think that a Wolf3D community even exists. But then again the people of that community could probably say the same thing about the Doom community.

I'm sure I'm releasing my project well after DOOM 3 is out...

And it'll be touch and go with mine...

Foofoo said:

why doens't someone make a WAD that has bits and pieces of classic wads all rolled into one?

Because it probably wouldn't turn out that well - I've played some Duke maps like that (both original and custom map-based) and they didn't really work. (especially if you've played the maps in question)

Grimm said:

Heh, Dooming WILL die with us unless we pass it on to our kids.

Already done that. Both my kids have Dehacked-to-be-easier Chex Quests on the PC's in their rooms, and my son keeps asking me to help him "make a game like you do" when he watches me doing stuff with DeePsea and Zdoom. :-)

Enjay said:

Already done that. Both my kids have Dehacked-to-be-easier Chex Quests on the PC's in their rooms, and my son keeps asking me to help him "make a game like you do" when he watches me doing stuff with DeePsea and Zdoom. :-)

Aww... cute. How old is he?

I've heard of quite a few fathers and sons who both play Doom - Fodders for example.

I wonder when we'll have the first instance of a grandfather, father and son who all play Doom? :)

Enjay said:

Aww.

Okay- so when Doom3 comes out Doom1 and 2 are gonna feel somewhat infearier

What? Uh, it's made it this far. I dont know if you've noticed, but there are now thousands upon thousands of games with better graphics than doom. Much better, in fact. But we're still here.

Ultraviolet said:

Aww... cute. How old is he?

He is 7 (Feb past) , she will be 10 in Dec. They have been playing in one shape or form for about 2 years or so. (Hence the need for an easy-fied Chex).

My Son's favourite mod is where I have replaced the plasma shot with a pic of his head, and set it to do ripping damage in Zdoom - upping the original plasma damage. He can kill a cybie with 2 shots using that mod, and gib any monster that has gibbing frames. My daughter prefers the mod where her head replaces the Pain Elemental, and she spits out little copies of her brother. :)

NiGHTMARE said:

I wonder when we'll have the first instance of a grandfather, father and son who all play Doom? :)

I'm not sure whether the father and son play, but I remember hearing a story of an 86 year-old Doomer a few years back. Apparently he beat Cyberdemons with his walking stick *ba doom tish*

I've heard of quite a few fathers and sons who both play Doom - Fodders for example.

Heh, then we will be alright.

Well, isn't the guy who makes Blind Alley a grandpa? Just get him to gather all the lil chilluns. :) Heh, it could be grandfather/mother/son, too. :)

Also, on the comments about Doom's graphics: With high resolution textures, Doom is easily on par with any other game on the market. Hopefully one day we'll all agree on a set of textures, and we'll all use it. With the high-res sprites being made, Doom will look pretty darn good eventually, and it'll be standard to look that good.

hmm... i think what would kill doom would be if all the doom and doom 2 cds would self destruct