Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heh, make that three weapons. Pistol, machine gun, and bazooka, and sounds for each, as well. I'm thinking of making the shotgun akimbo pistols and the BFG the hand of God, but I'm not sure. Dang, if only everyone in Doom weren't so short. Also, now I've come upon a new problem: special FX animations. Like, the ROTT explosion has 20 frames of animation, whereas Doom only has 3. Oh well, life goes on.

pregnant with worms said:

you should release this.

I did, see later in this thread (aka this page, above this post).
I am also thinking about doing the levels, and actually having the first area of E1A1 ("E1M1") a bit finished. Posting a screenie later this day.

Hey cool, if you need guns, I've got four weapons pre-converted (pistol, machine gun, rocket launcher, akimbo pistols) complete with sounds. I was going to make more, but I kind of just quit on it. It was when I made the akimbo pistols using the shotgun. I don't know, it was just that it didn't come out the way I wanted. I'm sure somebody with awesome dehacked skills could make it work better, but whatever.

ROTT was okay, but my friend and I ended up playing the shareware version of Wacky Wheels that came on the CD more than ROTT.

DarkWolf said:

ROTT was okay, but my friend and I ended up playing the shareware version of Wacky Wheels that came on the CD more than ROTT.

god, that game was really great too. i haven't played that in forever.

Maybe I should restart work on my ROTT levels. After I finish this hexen thing that it. :)

Right, thanks for all the help and encouragement!

geekmarine: I already have converted all the graphics, shapes (sprites), weapons, etc., I just need to insert them into the WAD. Thanks anyway!

ravage: Yeah the most cool thing of a ROTT Conversion to DOOM is -- you can use (Z)Dooms features, namely any-degree-walls, different sector heights, scripting, anything... such a level would be in ROTTish feeling (well not quite but as near as possible) with a reasonable amount of technology.