Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arielus

Which add-ons?

Hello DOOM community,

This is my first post here at the DOOMWorld Forums. I'm not new with DOOM... in fact, I've been playing the game since it came out back then in 1993. Having been absent for quite a while, I've just returned to the scene, and I'd like you to lend me a hand here with something.

All I wanna do now is play DOOM TCs, and I'd really download them all if I could; however, it's not possible due to time limits now. So, what I would like you people to do for me is to suggest which add-ons I should download. Could you please tell me what a real DOOMer, proud to be one, ought to have? Which are the essential add-ons nowadays? Which TCs would you recommend this 'not-new-but-a-bit-outdated DOOM lover?

Before you answer, I only have to say that I've already have every single TeamTNT's product, along with Eternal DOOM 3, by the mentioned team and Team Eternal... But I'm assuming there must be tons of other add-ons to choose from, am I right?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ariel.

Wads and Mods would be the right forum for this - the Questions Forum is really for questions that have clear-cut answers.

This topic has been discussed many times before. If you do a forum search for favourite megawad, you will find plenty of recommendations.

Thanks for replying so quickly! Those links you gently wrote all lead, ultimately, to different engines, right? That's cool, because it's nice to see the game in 640x480, or even in 800x600; not to mention all the other advantages that these ports offer.

However, I meant add-ons. You know, TCs. Games to be played with any version of DOOM, including new graphics, new levels, music, etcetera.

Anyway, thanks again for answering so fast!

Ariel.

True, true, true. I should've posted this somewhere else. Thanks again, I'll head for the section you stated. Bye!

Ariel.

Grazza said:

If you do a forum search for favourite megawad, you will find plenty of recommendations.

You should probably also try favorite without the 'u'. :P You could as well search for favorite mod, conversion, TC, add-on.

Arielus said:

True, true, true. I should've posted this somewhere else. Thanks again, I'll head for the section you stated. Bye!

Ariel.

No no no, don't do that, the mods will see that it is moved over.

Ultraviolet said:

You should probably also try favorite without the 'u'. :P

Actually, I had tried them both, and searching for it with the 'u' seemed to give slightly more relevant results, but with a very large overlap of course. Most relevant threads contain these two words, and with both spellings.

Oh, and now that this is in Wads and Mods...
HR, AV, STRAIN, 2002ADO, Equinox, Eternal, Requiem, MM, MM2, Icarus, HR2, Scythe, TVR!, H2H-Xmas, Icarus. In roughly that order. And I listed my favourite episodes here.

Yes, due to my anxiety, I didn't really tried to search for topics related to what I was looking for. Instead, I simply fired my question. Sorry for that. Next time, I'll take the time to see whether there's already an answer for what I've got in mind before bothering you guys.

Anyway, thank you very much once more for your quick and kind replies. The first impression I get from them is that this is a superb, helpful and polite community, and I'm deeply happy for that.

I have already started downloading some of the recommendations you've made throughtout all the threads like the one I uselessly started here, and I must say I see why they're among your favourites.

Alien Vendetta looks like an outstanding add-on, since many of you have voted it. I've tried it a bit and it's pretty sweet in my opinion, let's see what happens as the levels go by... It's gonna be a hard task for it to beat the marvellous TeamTNT's 'Icarus - Alien Vanguard', though! :-)

Stay cool!

Ariel.

I think Arielus's posts have made it clear that by "TC", he means megawad. Fragport and Hacx (21 levels) should be tagged onto the list I gave. And one of the Icaruses should be removed. <:/