Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PumpkinSmasher

Mcdonalds From Hell

I have been working on a new Level based on McDonalds. It is currently in Test stage. It is made for both Deathmatch and Single Player. Please review what you think of it so far rememberiing its not finished. If you have any comments, find bugs, or anything that needs to be done tell me. I have info on the WAD on my page. There are a few screenshots on the page, but they are from an older version, but not too much has changed.

http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/doom/McDonalds.html

Remember Duke Burger from N64 Duke Nukem 3D? They pussied out and like replaced all the raunchy locations with shit like that. Dumb.

Use3D said:

Remember Duke Burger from N64 Duke Nukem 3D? They pussied out and like replaced all the raunchy locations with shit like that. Dumb.

while they did indeed pussy out, duke burger was part of the plutonium pack add-on for the pc game, too.

Damn it, someone beat me to making a Mickey D's mod...

After I had worked there for a while, I joked with the idea of making a McDonald's mod where you play an employee, but the overall idea sounded a bit too "Columbine Killer"-ish.

Cyb said:

how come that mcdonalds doesn't have a ceiling

u r a dum fag. Heh. Look at the screenshots... one shows the sky, and you can see that the red on the ceilings is, in fact, a red, non-parallaxed flat.

BlueSonnet said:

Cardboard + Styrofoam + Grease = McDonalds

The only real things they use styrofoam for now are the breakfast platters and coffee cups, and even then they're not the "actual" styrofoam, but the environment friendly stuff, or whatever...

I'm actually going to take a look at this map. Review in a minute.

OK, here it comes...

It is a better work by this author than I have seen before in the past. The sprite conversions (potions to hamburgers, stimpacks to fires, and spirit armour to coke bottles) was a very nice touch. There are a couple things that could be improved though...unpegging the doortrak textures will prevent to "sliding up" effect when the door is opened. I also feel that the "doors" should be converted into "elevators" in order to make the feel of the map a bit more realistic. I realise this is a work in progress, so I do have a suggesstion for the final battle area..more health, powerups, and ammo. A soul sphere or megasphere would be nice, and some more rockets and cells would be a good idea to have. An invurnability artifact on lower difficulty settings would be a good idea as well.
One more suggestion, though it is a matter of personal taste..use something besides water textures for the seats on the booths and tables.

I have release Version 0.95 of McDonalds. You can download it on my webpage. I have changed it quite a bit. BlackFyre, I have added somethings to the final battle area, and i hope you like it. Don't complain about the Ronald McDonalds Textures, i know they suck, but i suck at making textures. Well try out the new version and see what you think.

I wasn't complaining about the McD textures...they were quite good. It was the odd use of the water textures I did not care for :-P

Pretty good. The shelves in the conveinence store were a nice touch but were a bit bare...maybe some health bonuses or ammo would be a good thing to add to them the clear off the empty space. The conversion of the Icon of Sin textures to Ronald McDonald were done perfectly...I did not see a flaw in them anywhere. The level DOES need a bit more detail, however, and a secret or two would be nice.

Ichor said:

And eggshells in their Egg McMuffins.

Hey now, that just happens to be my favorite breakfast item from there :P

PumpkinSmasher: BIG tip...try making it actually LOOK like a McDonald's. Where're the grills? Fry machines? Managers' office? Crew break room? Laundry room? Storage area? Backdoor area where the trash cart is kept?

Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff would require level-on-level, thus it would really need an advanced port, plus there are even limitations in that I suppose, and you don't want to over-work yourself too hard.

McDonald's always has waaaaay too many onions in their cheeseburgers. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem, but keep in mind I hate onions.

It was my favorite as well, and in fact, it was the only thing I ordered...at least until I found myself crunching down on eggshells, not once, but on three separate occasions. That's when I stopped going there altogether.

All I'll say on both the onion problem and eggshell problem is that it depends on who makes it. Believe it or not, there are quite a few competent (sp?) crew workers (I was one of them).

I'll stop now...this isn't the place to argue about MCD's itself. I guess that goes in EE :-/

Wasn't there some sort of McDonalds wad in the Maximum Doom compilation that came on the Master Levels CD?

meh, i made a mcdonald's level with nami for mock2 but i guess by the time mock2's out people will think it was an unoriginal idea :(

sargebaldy said:

meh, i made a mcdonald's level with nami for mock2 but i guess by the time mock2's out people will think it was an unoriginal idea :(

Sure! Give away all Mock2's secrets while you're at it!

Mancubus II said:

Wasn't there some sort of McDonalds wad in the Maximum Doom compilation that came on the Master Levels CD?

I wouldn't know, but has anyone else here played cheese.wad? There's an even crappier looking Mickey D's somewhere in the map ;)

Nanami said:

Sure! Give away all Mock2's secrets while you're at it!

it's hardly a secret since there was a shot of it on the mock2 page.

i guess you haven't seen the latest build.. 40 maps complete, all with music. the 41st is pretty much done as well and has music. the text file needs one line clipped and it's done. if hyena wanted us to we could release it now.