Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Wolfenstein-esque TC - Help needed.

Lord Raffles said:
Since this project is just in it's blue print stages, things like this have yet to be decided.

Hmmm... While bex formant is supported by a lot of source ports, I'd prefer it if we used zdoom, since it has a lot of extra code pointers and has things like soundinfo. But it's you project, so it's up to you.

Ct_red_pants said:

Hmmm... While bex formant is supported by a lot of source ports, I'd prefer it if we used zdoom, since it has a lot of extra code pointers and has things like soundinfo. But it's you project, so it's up to you.

Yes, we are going to use Zdoom.

Come on AIM, I have the contact of our new level designer.

Ct_red_pants said:

heh. i can't do that right now, I'm not on my home computer. :(

ah, ok.

Like the new screenshots? I'm sorting out all the Castle Sprites and putting them in a wad for tommorow.

Ct_red_pants said:

Hell yeah, that’s some fine work!

I'll Email you as soon as I can, I have a lot of ideas I'd like to run buy you.

WE still need to get story sorted, if it is to be fictitous or more realistic.

I might be able to make a map or two for this, if you could use the help. :) I can map for ZDoom, although I am still learning ACS (at a quick pace, though).

AgentSpork said:

I might be able to make a map or two for this, if you could use the help. :) I can map for ZDoom, although I am still learning ACS (at a quick pace, though).

I was going to contact you about that Agent Spork - your screenshots in your other thread caught my eye...

Dude. DUDE. DUDE!!! GOD DAMN, MOHIH IS SAVED!!! God, if I had those textures, mapping the U-529 Mission would be so much easier... Oh, wait a minute... Nevermind.

Nice screenshots :)

Darkhaven3 said:

Dude. DUDE. DUDE!!! GOD DAMN, MOHIH IS SAVED!!! God, if I had those textures, mapping the U-529 Mission would be so much easier... Oh, wait a minute... Nevermind.

Nice screenshots :)

I just so happen to have a set of U-Boat textures which I will reveal some time in the futue.

BTW - what is MOHIH? Are you working on a similar idea to ours?

MOHIH : Medal of Honor Into Hell

Yes, it would be a projeck similar to yours, since the first "Episode" (Maps 1-10) is mainly WW2 stuff.

I'm on Map03 : Scuttling the U-529 [1]. It needs some UBoat Textures.

Darkhaven3 said:

MOHIH : Medal of Honor Into Hell

Yes, it would be a projeck similar to yours, since the first "Episode" (Maps 1-10) is mainly WW2 stuff.

I'm on Map03 : Scuttling the U-529 [1]. It needs some UBoat Textures.

Medal of Honor into Hell? Elaborate?

And I didn't say I was going to give out my textures.

I didn't either, I was just saying it needed some textures if the level was going to come out right. I never implied you were giving out your textures, sorry if you thought that :(

BlackFish said:

Is there a specific port this tc is going to be in? Are you using wolfenstien enemies?

It's going to use Zdoom.

With regards to enemies, I am going to try and sort that out next week. We are thinking of using actual photographs of people and modifying them for doom - I know it didn't work too well with Zombie Doom, but I am confident that I can modify the images that will be made to look sweet with the doom engine.

Lord Raffles said:

Problem: They're actual 3D models :-/

What, the enemies your making? Well, at least I tried to help.

Those screenshots look superb! I really hope this project gets finished (ASAP too) :)

BTW Darkhaven3, there are U-Boat textures in the Operation Arctic Wolf Wolfendoom TC.

(In response to Lord Raffles’ email) I'm still here, I was just waiting for your feed back on the weapon pack I sent you.

Lord Raffles said:
Just a thought:

While working on the project, perhaps we could release some deathmatch levels as a teaser for users to try out in the future?

that's a good idea, we've got enough done to do that now.

Ct_red_pants said:

(In response to Lord Raffles’ email) I'm still here, I was just waiting for your feed back on the weapon pack I sent you.

that's a good idea, we've got enough done to do that now.

i've got all the weapons sprites sorted myself. I will be tackling all sprite and texture work.

I've also got most of the enemies sorted out now... i'll send you some prototype sprites soon.

As far as music goes, I'd say go for both. Good ol' Doom's music was cool because it was varied.

I say use some classical music in some of the areas (where it fits - peaceful village would be a place to have some of the more peaceful music, hence not military music) and military music in others.

That way the music won't get repetitive. Hmm.
Maybe you should throw in a few more styles too.

dsm said:

As far as music goes, I'd say go for both. Good ol' Doom's music was cool because it was varied.

I say use some classical music in some of the areas (where it fits - peaceful village would be a place to have some of the more peaceful music, hence not military music) and military music in others.

That way the music won't get repetitive. Hmm.
Maybe you should throw in a few more styles too.

1930's Cabaret, Wagnerian Opera, Military Marches, Popular Jazz of the time, that sort of thing?

Here we can see an example of a Germany Army Officer:

And here we see two members of the SS and a member of the Wehrmacht.

Enemies that we are going to be working on are as follows:

Wehrmacht Soldiers (Sniper, Mounted Machine Gun, Regular Infantry)

Wehrmacht Officer

Waffen-SS Officer

Waffen-SS Infantry

If anyone has any ideas, or wants to help develop levels for this TC then please PM me with either your e-mail address or other form of contacts via the net.

Sprites look absolutely stupid :(

Why don't u use Wolfendoom Resources for this? These sprite enemies look much better and would fit fantastic in this environment. Same goes to weapons and items *secret hint*