Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Final Version of ICD-Lizard is now available!!!

I finally upload it to my site and now it's ready for download! Along with that mod, I released a testmap and a 9-map "megawad". They both use stuff from ICD-Lizard. I added a bunch of new guns, and I added a few new buddies and new enemies. Just go to my site to get it!

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

Or if your too lazy to find the downloads page here's the link to it:

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/downloads.html

Enjoy the mod! :)
This requires the latest version of EDGE!

Downloading...

I've been lookin forward to this, man! We need more Edge mods around here. Oh, and speaking of which, if any Edge users are ever looking for a greater challenge when playing doom, try beating your favorite user-made wad with Corey Whittle's mod "Don's Challenge". I'm currently playing through that Console Doom megawad with it.

I would say "keep up the good work, lizardcommando!" but you speak of this being your 'last gift' to the doom community. Is this the end of Lizard's Legacy?

Yes, unfortunately. I've worked on Lizard's Legacy for about 2 or 3 years. Out of all the planned "episodes" for it, only one "episode" survived, Lizardwar. ICD-Lizard is more like an "add-on" to Lizardwar. I'm through with making mods for Doom. It was fun while it lasted. I'll probably do some Doom stuff here or there, but it most likely won't deal with Lizard's Legacy... But then again, that might change.

I'm curious, are there anyone else who downloaded the mod? Also, did anyone download the maps? If so, what did you guys think? I need some feedback. :)

I love all the weapons, and the art style's interesting, but it could use a lot more detail. Some of the weapons look like they're shooting to the far left of the screen. Other than that, it rocks! I love the molotov cocktail!!

Maybe you should gather some mapmakers together to make up a LizardWar megawad! The possibilities are endless with this mod. I'd offer my services to make some maps for you, but I can't make a table in a square room without crashing my level editors.

I've just played through Lizard's World, Doom2 and Ultimate Doom with it, and I must say that it's pretty neat! It gives Doom a cartoony edge (via Edge) that I like to see in Doom. No serious gothic or tech-base super-detail-a thon maps here. Just plain old wacky fun. Clever useage of Metal Slug sounds, too!

Dunbar said:

Maybe you should gather some mapmakers together to make up a LizardWar megawad! The possibilities are endless with this mod. I'd offer my services to make some maps for you, but I can't make a table in a square room without crashing my level editors.

I've just played through Lizard's World, Doom2 and Ultimate Doom with it, and I must say that it's pretty neat! It gives Doom a cartoony edge (via Edge) that I like to see in Doom. No serious gothic or tech-base super-detail-a thon maps here. Just plain old wacky fun. Clever useage of Metal Slug sounds, too!

Yeah, I tried to get some people to make maps a long time ago, but everyone's busy with their own projects. Well, I'm glad you like it. I was intentionally aiming for a cartoony feel for the mod. I'm glad there were some people that noticed that. :p

The cartoony feel is pretty refreshing. It's almost like playing a graphic novel/comic book (whichever you prefer).

I've started work on my own ICD-lizard map. It's called "Green Shift." It'll be about how one Lizard security guard at a top secret desert science lab ends up in the middle of an attack by terrorist Nazi lizards. You start in your dorm with a fellow guard, and you must get to your post. You'll walk by scientists hard at work, people waiting to be allowed into the facility that you must admit, and fellow guards who are trying to do their job. Once you get to your post in the caargo area, you witness the main door open. From there all hell breaks loose and your lowly job as a Securiy Guard turns into something much more important. Now, I know that it is frowned apon to have someone start a project and not have screenshots or something for it, so I have these to show how my level is coming along.

The map so far

First impressions

A slight graphical glitch

The bed's side extends to the far wall. Strange.

Taking anger out on a fellow guard

The way I exited the level.

As you can see, I cannot make maps without things like beds extending to adjacent walls, or textures running as far from the level as possible. Oh, I made this fine example of a wad in DeepSea. I tried Doom builder, but it kept crashing.

EDIT: The map is underway, and it works! Apporximately 1 room and 0.5 hallways were complete at the time of this edit!

hehehe. Wow, that's very flattering. Go on ahead and finish that map. PM me or Email me when you're done. It looks like I've got a small fan club or something. :p Oh and just out of curiousity, what map editor are you using? I used Wad Author to create the test map and Lizardsworld.wad.

You know, I had thought up something like that for a Half-Life mod. I called it "Green Patrol". It pretty much parodies Blue Shift. Of course, things never got passed the planning stage.

Spray: Yeah, you pretty much guessed right. I guess you can say it's like a comic book. Lizardcommando originally started out as a comic book character I made back in 9th grade.

Ooops, sorry, I double-posted on accident. So... To use up this space, I just want to thank anyone that downloaded this mod and enjoyed it. :) Thank you!

I'm using DeePSea. I don't know a thing about editing, though... so It may take a while before I'm done. This will probably become several levels.

I've never played Blue Shift, all I'm doing is using the name and general concept. So when I release it in 20 years, I don't want a bunch of people yelling "WTF OMG that isn't blue shift you n00b!"

Your links don't work. It just said "site temporarily unavailable".

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

Mancubus II said:

Your links don't work. It just said "site temporarily unavailable".

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

Which link? The link to get into the sites I listed or the download link?

BlackFish said:

omg like port this to EDF....

heh ;)

You can go ahead and do that. Just give me credit though for the mod idea and whatnot. I've never used Eternity before.

Ok, green shift went down the crapper after a nasty Doom Builder experience, so now I'm working on a map where you are a special agent sent into a nazi science base via an experimental teleporter. You were supposed to appear on the roof, but somehow you appear in one of the Nazi's own teleporters with only a pistol and a knife instead of your regular gear!

This map would work better if there was a nazi SS lizard with a mauser, helpers with the WW2 weapons, or if I knew the thing # for a scientist... but I'm just being picky. It's coming along well! I'll have screenies up soon.

Hmm... a helper with a sten that was like that British paratrooper in the first MOHAA:Spearhead mission would be cool.

Dunbar said:

Ok, green shift went down the crapper after a nasty Doom Builder experience, so now I'm working on a map where you are a special agent sent into a nazi science base via an experimental teleporter. You were supposed to appear on the roof, but somehow you appear in one of the Nazi's own teleporters with only a pistol and a knife instead of your regular gear!

This map would work better if there was a nazi SS lizard with a mauser, helpers with the WW2 weapons, or if I knew the thing # for a scientist... but I'm just being picky. It's coming along well! I'll have screenies up soon.

Hmm... a helper with a sten that was like that British paratrooper in the first MOHAA:Spearhead mission would be cool.

I was going to make more WW2 enemies and buddies, but I ran out of time and stuff... Oh well. Hmm... maybe I will make some WW2 era buddies and enemies one day... Who knows... Thanks for some great ideas Dunbar.

Lizardcommando said:

You can go ahead and do that. Just give me credit though for the mod idea and whatnot. I've never used Eternity before.

I'm too busy with the SWAD series and SUPERRPG.

BlackFish said:

I'm too busy with the SWAD series and SUPERRPG.

Oh right. Your SUPERRPG thing. Speaking of which, how's that going along?

Hey! I got some work done on my map! I'm really excited, since this is the first working map I've ever made, and I think it's comin along alright!

Screeny 1

Screeny 2

I know it's gonna be full of the typical n00b errors and whatnot, with this bein' my first map and all... meh, as long as I finish it, I'll be happy.

Dunbar said:

Hey! I got some work done on my map! I'm really excited, since this is the first working map I've ever made, and I think it's comin along alright!

Screeny 1

Screeny 2

I know it's gonna be full of the typical n00b errors and whatnot, with this bein' my first map and all... meh, as long as I finish it, I'll be happy.

Maybe it's just my computer, but the screenshots are a little too dark.

I'm still tweaking the light levels/adding light sources and whatnot, so the screenshots may appear pretty dark at times. Like I said, typical n00b errors like improper lighting may be apparent at times.

You know, just for the hell of it, I've decided to work on this project a little longer. There won't be beta tests for this one though. I'm adding in some stuff that Dunbar had suggested earlier such as the SS Lizard with the Mauser (That's already done!) And the two WW2 Allied Lizards (The one with the Garand and the Sten). Hell, I've already added in a new weapon. It's a flamethrower, but it's kinda sucky on account that the ammo is VERY limited and the range sucks, but the good thing is that it's REALLY powerful! I like to think of it as the Turok 2 Flamethrower. If anyone remembers that game, they had a flamethrower in it, but the range on that thing also sucked. (Hmm... Maybe that was the first Turok game that had a flamethrower...) I might even add in a .357 Magnum just because that one in ICD-SE is so damn cool! :p. Well, that's about it... The one that's on my site is the official release, but the one I'll release will be the official "official" release. I'll probably release it in about a month or two, depending how busy I am...

Lizardcommando said:

Oh right. Your SUPERRPG thing. Speaking of which, how's that going along?

Well I just completed Hub5 and currently working on Hub6.

As for SWADEX, only 2 of the guns are fully ripped so far.