Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkhaven3

MOHIH Alpha

GooD NEWZ... MOHIH Tech Test is coming out soon, soon meaning whenever I can get off my lazy ass and find a place to put it...

And before anyone starts rambling about "asking for help" on my project, I already showed 2 screens of an Alpha level, not much else will be leaked after this alpha.

Darkhaven3, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done. :P

ravage, before you start the infamous copy-and-paste of the text that talks about his new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you look for WIP threads with stuff (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind he's posted screens a page or 2 back, so check there. :P

*intraview of me n' my friend Blake (helping with project) from a long time ago... found it on my hard drive yesterday.*

Steven Sylve(guy who wants to know about game) : What's the game going to be about?

Blake : You are Lt. Mike Powell, and you've been sent on possibly your last mission. It turns out the nazi's had a trick up their sleeves when they were facing you, a time portal. They found it and used it to send you into the future, year 2125, I think-

Ed : 2029, actually. You find yourself in the land of the blind, so to speak - you have no knowledge what time you're in or what the nazi's did to change history without you. They built a huge complex filled full of odd traps and tricks.

Steven : How many levels is it?

Ed : 99, hence the end song : 99 Red Balloons. And one secret level, but I won't discuss that right now, unless Blake will.

Steven : What about the secret level?

Blake : The original Tech Test level we built a long time ago.

Steven : Will you discuss the aspects of this level?

Ed : I'll take that. It was a level built a long time ago when we were just writing out the levels on an early sectorlist based DooM type game I built a long time ago. We converted the textures, flats and level over to the real DooM2 engine. Surprisingly, the level is completely flat, with only the playerstart and a rocketlauncher. It is composed of one sector, 22 linedefs, 1 flat, and 1 texture. I can't help but wonder if it really did evolve into another level later into development. I forgot.

Blake : You dolt, remember? It became Map34!

Ed : Eh...Oh yeah!

Blake : Idiot.

Steven : What source port is this game using?

Blake : jDoom.

Steven : Why jDoom, why not zDoom?

Blake : Because jDoom could use mp3's outside of wads, and it could use scripted finale's, which zDoom didn't have back then when it was at 1.22b. And besides, it was the only one we could find that could have more than 30 levels found just in the normal gameplay.

transcript : by some other guy I forgot...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

He doesn't need to copy-and-paste, it's a vb tag.

Eh, it was copy and paste. :P