Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gherkin

Suddenly you died

Check out my new DM map and comment it please. Ideas for this map i took from Sudden Death in Quake 2, with some modifications to make it Doom. You need a ZDoom compitable engine.

EDIT: Screenshots taken offline.

[Download]

sorry, i dont see whats wrong in there.

but while you're there, stay right in that room while ill walk around to hit the switch :P

see that short, almost square brick, and that extra long one spanning over the window? all the bricks are supposed to be the same length, and they are not.

I see what Sarge is talkin about....

Nice map by the way Gherkin. Can't judge the 'play' either but it looks pretty cool. Nice lava effects you have goin on in there.

sargebaldy said:

see that short, almost square brick, and that extra long one spanning over the window? all the bricks are supposed to be the same length, and they are not.

So what's the problem?

eh, i wasn't attacking the level off that one little misalignment. but considering doombuilder can align a whole room in 2 seconds i just thought it was funny gherkin had one. although i tried aligning that room in doombuilder and it didn't change so i dunno what's up with that.

REVIEWED!!!!!! Go to the MAP REVIEWS section for the review. It's the only review on my site so far, because I'm too fucking lazy to do anything to it. heh.

Nice map :P

I looked at the textures in the red room near that window and messed with it for a while, and i figured its because of the window's ceiling/floor heights the texture cannot be aligned perfectly. Its just lucky one row of bricks can be aligned the same height as the rest of the rows (but that row doesnt have a fitting stone, so theres one smaller stone in there now) But like ravage said, it looks very normal, not like a misalignment.

Xoap and Toke played a DM on the map and commented it, so I made a few slight changes (nothing big, but they are important to gameplay) as well as animated textures for the lava reflection on the walls. Just re-download and you'll have it.

BTW: Nice site spork. I hope you can keep up the reviewing and stuff, thatd be cool.

I don't see any reason why it can't be alligned 'properly'. Just a case of upper and lower pegging the sidedefs and giving it an appropriate x offset. does doombuilder, like most other editors, have havr problems with aligning lower and upper textures (though this can always be solved by quickly adding a normal texture, getting whatever editor you use to automatically offset that, then get rid of it)? But anyway, as you say it looks fine as it is, and it makes no difference to gameplay.

Thanks to Lyfe and Godfather, the map now runs on [L@P] Custom S3rv3R No.1 - Map Rotation with modern settings and on GetSomewhere.Net suddeath (6play) with oldskool settings.

Yea I saw that, but i already sent 2 updated versions (after the first version) to the archives and now its already hosted so fuck it, heh.

I hate to say this but the pictures don't work for me. I can't copy/paste the link, I can't save it, or I can't load them in new windows:p