Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Templar

E1 style

Ok I know a lot of doomers get off for E1 style maps but seeing that every newstuff has at least one, they dont really cut it anymore. Adding heaps of detail still doesnt nullify the sewer atmosphere. Take what point you will.

Templar said:

Ok I know a lot of doomers get off for E1 style maps but seeing that every newstuff has at least one, they dont really cut it anymore. Adding heaps of detail still doesnt nullify the sewer atmosphere. Take what point you will.

What heaping bucket of crap was thrown on you to make you post something this utterly usless?

Lets go over proper, logical posting. Since their is only one rule, im hoping you can put those brainponies to work and realize that posting relevant, intelligent topic is perfered more to the the "hur hur omg guys the color gray sucks, am i rite or am i right? lol hur hur"

Ok, now to the simple yet very important rule:

Dont post a thread unless you have something useful to say.

Understand? I hope so, welcome to the DW forums.

Also note that making a short, pointless topic simply about your own opinion is not really a hot shot idea. Post something more tuned for a civilized discussion rather than flamebait.

So instead of: Blue cars with wheels suck and are overused.

Try: Hey guys, express your tastes and distastes among vehicular styles and body designs.

Anyways, E1 style is my crystal meth and if you get angry at anything I've just said then you really need to get a clue.

you know what style i like in threads? post hell. it has a very nice theme and i think maybe this would fit in very well in that style.

It certainly was a rotten post to start a thread, but I think other people have already made that point loud and clear. ;)

I don't think E1-style maps are released all that often. It was definitely a surprise to find two good ones released in one week. It isn't a style that excites me in itself (i.e. I don't particularly seek out E1-style maps), but clearly it is still possible to produce good and original maps in this style.

Not to troll or anything, but...

Shut your fucking furry pie-hole. Whoever said YOU were the authority on informative and useful posting?

What's true is that it's certainly getting tougher to make an E1 map without being redundant... even though on a long term there aren't that many E1 styled wads, lately there's been quite a bunch (3 in the past couple of weeks or so.)

I really like E1 style maps... More to say I like Doom1 style maps more than Doom2'ish... and this'll be no big secret to reveal if I say that Doom 1 was much better than Doom2, although I keep making Doom2 maps because of larger amount of monsters and items to play with. Doom1, and especially episodes 1 and 2, had a spooky climate, which Doom 2 didn't had.

And as always, I'd like to invite all of you, to visit my "Doom: Mercenaries" homepage, since I put some serious work into the project and it's very important for me to have some opinions, or even complainments on it...

Templar said:

ok so its against the rules to post an opinion?

No, its not.. but if you to post an opinion try to make more than a half assed effort at it.

No it isn't against the rules to post an opinion, but if you're going to post one that a lot of people disagree with, you have to expect and accept that you're going to get flamed (or at the very least severely criticized) for it.

I love (ask anyone!) E1 style levels, and I'm also a big fan of Doom2 tech base maps.

When I finish e1m8 of Doom: Mercenaries I'll post some screenies here, the first episode is a E1/E2 hybrid, maps are rather large (especially the last ones) + there will be "the Slipgate Complex" as a secret map accesible from e1m3...

Click on my sig for some screens, but don't download the file yet, it's still under construction!
http://doomos.webpark.pl/index.html

hrm, ellmo? e1m4 of your set seems to be your d:e map.. i kinda don't like the idea of it being in multiple sets, especially since the set it was originally done for isn't released yet...

Sure thing, that's because I can't wait for Enigma to be released. But If you really think that I shouldn't... copy the map I may change it. I just thought It fits into Mercenaries as well, but oh, it's just a map...

Anyway, how do you like the overall project look, Sarge?

i think it looks really good and i agree, that map fits in really good there.. hmm, maybe you could make a new map for d:e instead? really, you actually don't need to wait for all of d:e to get released because i'm going to release a shareware demo once all the shareware maps are done, and most of them are done.

sargebaldy said:

hmm, maybe you could make a new map for d:e instead?(...)

Whoa, that'll definately take some time. Okay, if I am to make a new D:E map, it'll be the same map number and the rest of the sepcifiactions, right? (Vanilla, Difficulty settings, 'bout 100 monsters)