Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven3

3 Sectors Contest (!!!)

Hey, guess what?

3 sectors contest.

Anyone who wants to participate, just...Um...Participate? Yeah, that's it. If you want to participate, just participate.

RULES...

1. Map can be any size, but can't exceed 3 sectors
2. No thing or linedef limits
3. No deadline and no entry limit

Well, OK, it's not really a "contest," more like a "see-what-you-can-do-thingy." I just want to see what the best mappers here can make out of 3 sectors :P

How about we have a one sector, one thing, one texture, one flat contest. You can make them any size you want, but it cannot exceed one sector, and you can't use more than one flat or textures throughout the entire level. Also, you can only use one thing (other than the player start that is) in the map, but you can use as many of that thing as you want.

Here's a good example.

I suggest an 8 sector contest. I'm sure that's enough to do SOMETHING.

Dunbar said:

I suggest an 8 sector contest. I'm sure that's enough to do SOMETHING.

There's already been a 10 sectors megawad. That's far too close to 10 to make a difference. 3, though, is interesting. No, he does not "fail it" for suggesting it. If he can show that anything interesting can be done, then he uh... he a winnar.

i like this idea. it would be like a grindcore megawad.

heh i had an idea for a 5 sectors contest back in january. i can do a 3 sector map if you want. just don't expect a lot of effort or it to be very big :P

Fusion said:

you can do tons with 3 sectors, and still make a massive, highly detailed map.

Maybe, but it would be one 1floor map (however if you make a sector there is 16units high, you could have some heigh changings).

Fusion said:

you can do tons with 3 sectors, and still make a massive, highly detailed map.

Maybe, but it would get repetitive-looking after a while, even if the heights and flats of the sectors were all different.

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Maybe, but it would get repetitive-looking after a while, even if the heights and flats of the sectors were all different.

If it was cleverly planned, I'm sure you could have much more than 3 floor/ceiling heights. Would be a nightmare to playtest tho given the ammount of trigger tricks involved.

Btw, I already made a 2sectors map, called heh1.wad (heh2, heh3, heh4). Heh.

I think 5-7 sectors would be reasonable. Less than that and you're just stretching it.

Hey, how about a 0 sector megawad? Just put lamps to represent walls in the void. Although you'd clip through them. =P

in soviet russia, 3 sectors create YOU!

Any port is allowed?

heh, that would give eternity an edge maybe? with the 3dmidtex.

Anything is allowed, except for anything over 3 sectors. If you're using a port, just say what port is needed to play it,

If you are going to make a level with only three sectors it should be kept short otherwise it will get monotonous real quick.