• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Team Mamtech Hiring

Legacy huh? No wonder they can't find anybody. It ain't fun to make maps whose
engine crashes right away before you can walk to the spot where you just added
something.

hmm... legacy. Too bad I am not really a fan of legacy, it look fun.

...well uh, ok, I admit it, I have downloaded Legacy 1.41b, but...

Do you really expect me I will try that out after various crashes since the-version-after-1.32? Unfortunately if a Legacy level comes along /newstuff I need to decide twice.

Dammit what we need is a POSIX for Doom, then Legacy could have some of ZDoom's cake :P

Hirogen2 said:

...well uh, ok, I admit it, I have downloaded Legacy 1.41b, but...

Do you really expect me I will try that out after various crashes since the-version-after-1.32?

Im not really interested.
So, Im waiting for more mappers to join my team, I have got one person starting a map, and 1 potential one. Keep it coming ppl.

It isnt new. Its approaching its 1st year anniversary, this project. This is a staff advert, I am looking for ppl to help with this well-established project. I have a full website full of information about it if you take time to view, so the newproject tag really does not apply.

The Heretic said:

Im not really interested.
So, Im waiting for more mappers to join my team, I have got one person starting a map, and 1 potential one. Keep it coming ppl.

Sorry for giving _you_ the negative feelings but Legacy had "hit" me too often.

The Heretic said:

the newproject tag really does not apply.

It very rarely applies, but that doesn't stop people using it with irritating regularity.

BTW, I have always found Legacy very stable, and Zdoom to be more crash-prone (throughout many versions and on several machines).

I've been using Legacy since the wicked early versions, and never had a problem with it, not even once, not even using shitty XP. So right now it is my favourite port.. and looking at this project, it has great potential. I'm probably too busy to apply seeing as I'm in college... but who knows.

The Heretic, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I was surprised by the results of a couple of forum searches. Currently, Ralphis appears to be responsible for just five newprojectings in open forums, out of a total of seventy (though some of those appear to be false results).

Ralphis said:

The Heretic, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Damnit, I'm too late.