Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
epplegacks_zdoom

scripting for zdoom

Hey, I've been reading the tutorials for scripting in zdoom and I think I understand what's going on. EXCEPT that I don't get how to connect the script to the respective linedef or sector. If anyone could help me with this problem I would really appriciate it.

Now though I could create my wad with just text output scripts I would like to so more interactive things so if there is anyone out there who is skilled in scripting would like to contribute to this project you can contact me on MSN at epplegacks@hotmail.com (also my email address), on ICQ # 47894994, and on yahoo messenger under the name ecco666.

Even if your remotely interested in creating a wad that is very story-driven and think you can help don't be shy, pleze contact me.

Thanx all.

I don't get how to connect the script to the respective linedef or sector.

Which editor are you using? In WadAuthor you select (double-click) the linedef and the Map Object Properties window pops up. From the "Class" menu, select ACS; from the "Type" menu select the appropriate script type (e.g., ACS_Execute or ACS_LockedExecute); in the "Arguments" boxes, enter your script number, map number, etc.; if the linedef trigger is repeatable, check the appropriate box; and finally, from the "Activate" menu, select the type of action that will activate the script (e.g., player uses, player crosses, etc.)

I would like to so more interactive things

The Source Ports directory in CDROM.com is full of ZDooM maps with excellent scripts. I highly recommend Hell Factory by Tomi Rajala, NJTRAIN.wad by Nigel Rowand, and ACSstuff.wad by Tarin. There are many other good maps too.

creating a wad that is very story-driven

Check out Darkhour.wad (currently only available at DooM Center) for a story-driven wad.