Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
READ THE FAQ

i was just wondering

Mine came from the movie, "Quick Change" (or maybe Easy Money); at any rate, it was the one with Bill Murray, Gina Davis, and Randy Quiad in it.

I'm crazy! ;-)

Actually, when I was registering for Geocities, I couldn't think of a good name, and at the time, I didn't realize the I use Geocities so much, so I came up with my name. But then, I liked it so much it just stuck. Also, later I realized I may have been subliminally influenced, because if you've ever seen a Simpsons Halloween episode, you may have realized that the credits show the creators with different "horror" names. One of them is "insertscarynamehere". (It may be James L. Brooks)

Mine's from Zarc Bloodthorne, a character I invented years ago when I started playing pen&paper RPGS. This got shortened to ZarcyB, because my idol is CliffyB, and i decided to remove the capitalisation because nobody likes big lettars!!111one So it became zarcyb!

IT IS NOT ZAR-CYB

IT IS NOT ZARSEEBEE, ZARSAYBEE ETC.

Mine came from my Doom project, Kill, and its website. Note that there is a team for Team Kill...I'm just the only one who does anything.

I dunno, I might change my name eventually to what I'm normally known as anymore: DJ Haruko.

From a band called Vision of Disorder. I used to like em. I wanted to use Vision of Disorder as my name, but most boards don't allow users to use very long names. So I wound up using 'Disorder'. I still like it.

darknation said:

I just liked the sound of those two words in combination.

I was very nearly Total_Biscuit.

well anything is better than "melt bannana"

mine is from both FF VII and it is the real name of my great grand father.

DOOM - From, well the game Doom, I like it a lot so I figured I'd put it in my alias. The reason it is in all Caps, is due to that is how I spelt it when I thought of this alias.

- The space is but there due to my alias is more than one word, it is t indicate they are seperate words and not a few letters that appeared when I pound the keys with a half-open hand.

Anomaly - I have always liked this word, it caught my eyes and ears and I liked the meaning of the word, also that is often describes me. For I'm quite peculiar. Also from Doom Episode 1 map 8, Phobos Anomaly, I loved that level, and the name of the level along with it's music, so I put that there, and Wopallo, theres me alias. :D

Toby - y + ester

pronounced Toab-ster, rhymes with toaster

and it is NOT pronounced:

tubesteak
tobemolester
shitheel
toaster
tobemofo

etc.

I get that soooooo much.

Mine came from thinking that my life was sucking too much too often, not unlike the biblical figure, Job.

I got mine from my pen name: Clive Dunbar, which I actually took from a Weebl & Bob animation.

TSTuke: A shortened version of my full name Thomas Sonnie Tuke, TSTuke is my signature that'll you find on my artwork etc and has been with me for donkey years.

TSTuke is also the name i choose to use whenever i create a representation of myself in comics, rpgs or games etc, whether its the medieval look for rpg or the tiger-human anthromorph look (see av <- ).

btw: you pronounce it T_S_Tyoohk or TST for short. It's not pronounced TissTuke or TissTucky or whatever.

Bluesonnet: Three ways of looking at this one.

1. Has emphasis on my artistic style and the fact that i suffer from the blues half the time.
2. The anime Bluesonnet (about a psychic cyborg) gave me the inspiration. Hard to tell if there's much relation to the anime now.
3. People ironically told me it was a good nick

I eventually ditched the name BlueSonnet in favour of TSTuke because TSTuke is older and it seemed as if people were mistaking me for a girl here under the nick of BlueSonnet. It kinda sounds girlish to me now that i think about it (not good :( ). Hmmm, i wonder if this will turn into a TSTuke vs BlueSonnet thread :/

So there you go

I think this was probably a result of that Brit sci-fi vampire movie. Then again, I've always liked words describing light, radiation, or color in general. I've taken up the nick "Vitriolic Vermillion" for accounts on messenger programs, for instance. Some people say it's faggy, but after I tell you I have an old e-mail account (probably hijacked by now) on Hotmail -- FaintBlueAfterglimmer@hotmail.com. I used to have a dumb gothboy site that was dark or faded-light blue on black and a bunch of embedded NIN midis... heh... had a "Faint Blue Afterglimmer" logo written in this weird whispy writing and such... those were my creative days, haha. Unfortunately, I was too dumb to put that to any good use.

the last few years i've been trying to start a band. when i was doing this with some other people we went through multiple names, such as katatonik (after hearing the word catatonic from the Orgy song 'Dizzy')and synthetic alloy imps. we broke up before anything ended up happening. i went solo and named the band divided by zero before i realized it was the name of another band, so i changed it to omit. eventually as i continued to write songs i noticed that the songs were based upon my life, experiences, feelings, views, et cetera, the music was dark, moody and somewhat consistant and my vocals were a constant low crappy drap, all very monochromatic, and mixed with the fact that i refuse to wear anything that isn't black, grey or white, i decided that monochrome would be a good name. when i discovered DOOMWorld, it stuck.

of course, my nickname in reality is scarecrow, but i'm too afraid to ask the mods to change my name to scarecrow and add the title (aka monochrome) like TSTuke did.

BTW, what's the count on threads like this now?

It's my real name. Well, it's based on my real name and its what some people call me. It all started one day in 9th grade Health. No one ever payed attention in class. So I was sitting there dozing off and I think I had my name written in allcaps (DAN) on my binder for some reason. So anyway my friend turned around and drew a circle around the A, as to make it an anarchy sign. I was like "Hey, that's cool", and he said "Yeah...its Danarchy! You're the Danarchist!" Or something possibly less stupid sounding. And so from then on I was The Danarchist which I for some reason always wrote as 'the_Danarchist'. Then later I just went by Danarchy because it's easier to say.

So thats it. And if you call me Dana, I'll rip your spine out.

the_Danarchist said:

It's my real name. Well, it's based on my real name and its what some people call me. It all started one day in 9th grade Health. No one ever payed attention in class. So I was sitting there dozing off and I think I had my name written in allcaps (DAN) on my binder for some reason. So anyway my friend turned around and drew a circle around the A, as to make it an anarchy sign. I was like "Hey, that's cool", and he said "Yeah...its Danarchy! You're the Danarchist!" Or something possibly less stupid sounding. And so from then on I was The Danarchist which I for some reason always wrote as 'the_Danarchist'. Then later I just went by Danarchy because it's easier to say.

Aww, that's such a cute story, Dana.

shitheel...

Edit: from all the other sad stories of name creation i have decided to tell my story...

In the begninng...

there was me...i had no name at all untill i played ff3 by which i started to use the name Kupo, after awhile that name got gay and i was nameless again for awhile untill i saw a movie named "Wizards" where there was this assasin robot dude named Neckron99...a name which i still use...then i played Chrono Trigger a few years ago and liked it alot and decided to adopt it as a first name...later when i played baldr's gate my favorite NPC was Viconia De'Vir... i had her all the time and i decided to make De'Vir my last name...and my middle name came from a cool font called Moroma

hence the name

Crono M. De'Vir

well...that is the creation of my name...so...;p