Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bruno Vergílio

New Master Levels for DOOM II

Hey guys, I was thinking in the ML Collection. So, I got and idea, but I don´t know if you´ll agree with me.
WHY DON´T WE MAKE A NEW COLLECTION: MASTER LEVELS II, ????!!!!
So, what you think? We could make some, or select in the 3D GAMES ARCHIVE 21 DOOM II levels to put, but who wants to do this can post your WADs too.
Send me coments, send me your opinions, and who wants to participate, send me messages in forum.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

IMO, they should be normal Doom2.exe levels, like the original master levels were.

I agree with DOOMBOY. They Will be for the original DOOM2.EXE . And the WADs will be made by the creators of ML 2. So, who wants to help me with the work, post replies here...
Thanks...

Sorry, but if you're sticking with the original .exe I really don't think you're going to get many volunteers. For the vast majority of us, the days of HOM and VPO are better left in the past.

Even if the levels are vanilla doom maps, of course you can still play them with any source port you want.

If they were not intended for the original .exe, I would never consider playing them.

It's called the Master Levels for Doom,
not the Master Levels for Zdoom.

[edit]Btw, I nominate Addictiv.wad.[/edit]

EarthQuake said:

If they were not intended for the original .exe, I would never consider playing them.

And if they were not intended for a limitless port, most people would never consider making them. Once you go port, you never go back =P

It really seems pretty pointless, because even if they were doom2.exe compatible, the vast majority of people would play them in a port anyway. So why place an incredibly restrictive limit which there is basically no point in? Especially when you're likely to get very few submissions anyway (sad but true).

It's called the Master Levels for Doom,
not the Master Levels for Zdoom.

No-one mentioned ZDoom or any other specific port. Just make it any limitless port... although thinking about it, even if the levels used a maximum of Boom features, they'd still work in 95% of modern ports since the vast majroity of them are Boom compatible.