Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile

Heretic 3, Skill 5 Redone

From the text:

"Well here's the much improved run, and it makes the other one look slow as hell with nearly 5 minutes of improvement.

There's a couple of new routes here (once again thanks to Heretic-N), some wiser use of artifacts like chaos devices and invis spheres and wings which should have been more obvious before, and more gutsy play on levels like e3m7, so less time is spent clearing out the monsters. I nearly die several times in this run (I was pretty sure the move I made at the end of e3m7 was the nail in the coffin, but I lucked out) and I hope you liked the longass D'Sparil fight because it was even longer and more annoying this time... bastard just kept staying out of sight! Enjoy. :)"

Well, 3 movie runs with the same zdoom version 2.0.52, I'm glad it's so easy to install different versions. :)

NOTE: also, I didn't realize I spelled Heretic wrong in all the zips but I finally caught it, feel free to change it if you care.

Also, on the Episode 1 thread, just a reminder that a faster demo is available farther down in the posts, as the original ended up being slow. :)

hep3sk5.zip

Just watched it (and the new Episode 1 demo). Very nice indeed. It makes me wonder how many hands you've got. :)

The close-up of the D'Sparil death scene was ample compensation for the length of the battle.

Only two unfortunately, but I have a mousewheel that helps me scroll through the artifacts. It's somewhat unwieldly but it's the best I can do with my setup. Sometimes I'll get rid of unwanted artifacts like the time bombs when I have an open moment.

Next up is Episode 4... time to get owned. If I can't get something reasonably fast I might move to some other things.

I loved Episodes 4 and 5, and would watch episode runs with great interest even if they are lengthy.

Grazza said:

I loved Episodes 4 and 5, and would watch episode runs with great interest even if they are lengthy.

very well put. I second that. :)

OK, I've got 52.cab in my Heretic folder and I was watching Vile's demo, it got to E3M2 and inexplicably desynced. What gives?

I can easily make them desync by minimizing the window or sending it to the back of the desktop. I dunno why it happens but I just avoid it until the demo finishes.

OK, I watched Vile's skill 5 runs of Heretic E1 and E3 last night, all the way through, no desyncing. Yay.
Good stuff, I swear I don't see how you did it. ;) As for more Heretic demos, I'd love to see a skill 5 run through Heretic's Episode 2.

Heh ok. I guess I missed it.
EDIT: Just watched it, and it was very good stuff, just like Vile's other Heretic demos.
Now I'm really looking forward to a Heretic E4 and 5 demo :)