Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

Kai-Uwe returns!

That's right, Kai-Uwe Humpert (one of the "old gang" of DooM-gods, involved in many classic demo packs and contributor to the COMPET-N many years ago) is back for one more contribution.

Check out ->
ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/compet-n/incoming/e3m9-225.zip

It's a quite solid max run of E3M9. It betters Radek Pecka's recent entry with a whole second!

Obviously all those years of slacking off hasn't seriously affected Kai's skills! :-)

Yes, a bright point in a slow month at compet-n. His text file is worth reading too.

I wonder if this is the start of a full-scale come-back.

Hehe.. yeah, now all we need is for Yonatan, Anthe, Anders, Daniel Lindgren, Peo, Zvonimir, Sedlo, Adam Hegyi, Vincent, Selim, Panter, Istvan, and the other usual suspects to start recording again... ;-D

But seriously, he did actually state in the .txt that this was the only new demo he'd do. Then again, you never know, do you?

Well I know at least one more old player who played Doom recently - Daniel 'Demonlord' Lindgren used to be on Zdeamon a month ago - and maybe still is, I don't know cause haven't logged for a while.

Kristian Ronge said:

But seriously, he did actually state in the .txt that this was the only new demo he'd do.

Do you mean where he said "my last at the age of 29"? I thought that might just mean that he doesn't intend to record again before his 30th birthday (which is in a few weeks). There's no comma, after all.

Ugh! I didn't catch that. You're absolutely right... Well, that could be very good news! I surely hope he would make more contributions, perhaps to the SDA as well. Thanks for clearing things up!

Let's not forget Ocelot!

Still and all, it is very cool to see an old timer record yet another demo (and a good one at that!).

Kickass.

And I remember watching the Coop and DM demos by dasa and gazelle that you can find at the DOOM Archive back when I first stumbled upon DOOM Internet activity and thinking stuff like "wow, shit, this is how I want to play this game!"

I certainly don't consider Ocelot inactive (as Grazza pointed out he recorded 3 months ago). Not submitting anything for three months is for Ocelot.."normal" It depends on the player.

For example, if Xit Vono had gone one week without submitting any demo back when he was active, I would've figured he'd silently retired. ;-D

Ocelot still recorsd thats true, I actually had the honor of watching him work on that 0711nm01 btw, and it was insane :)
Ocelot usually tries to take the hard demos and make them perfect, so no wonde rhis demos take a long time.

Myk: ya, some of the Dasa and Gazelle demos were really good, I never knew that Kai Uwe was Gazelle tho :)

Kai-Uwe told me he is "not back" but "had some fun playing Doom". Of course, he could be back for more if he has the motivation.