Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

Viper UV speed/max

Before you read on, no this is *not* map 30 of "Memento Mori". In fact, it's about as far from it as one could imagine. I'll copy/paste from the .txt:

"I was browsing through the archives today looking for something to play, and
this caught my eye. The name immediately gave me flashbacks of Milo Casali's
map 30 in "Memento Mori", so I decided to give it a try. In hindsight, I guess
I should've taken more notice of this WAD's date - 14th May, 1994! It's an
old map, and oh boy, it shows.

Still, I played through this horrible, horrible map, and I thought I might
as well make the author of it happy by making a demo or two for it."

This map is complete crap, but I think I made it some justice by two pretty good demos at least (speed and max). But don't watch them unless you're a demofreak or a masochist!

vips-007.zip

Kristian Ronge said:

In hindsight, I guess I should've taken more notice of this WAD's date - 14th May, 1994! It's an old map, and oh boy, it shows.

If you want to record on some very old maps that aren't too bad at all, I can recommend "KNEE-DEEP IN THE DEU", which was part of the DEU package (date: 27-Apr-94). I've thought about them myself (tested them a bit, looked at routes), but have never got around to recording.

BTW, I notice that this wad has the same author e-mail address (as Viper), but a different nick.

I'll have a look at "Knee Deep...". Thanks for the tip! I've always been a bit of a fan of older maps (as long as they're not completely awful).

EDIT: Hmm.. any tips on where to find those maps? All I could find was a converted map-set for DooM 2. :-/

Oops, sorry. It's here (i.e. the DEU 5.21 package). The wad (a full episode 1 replacement) is called kneedeep.wad.