Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

Two quick ZDOOM questions

1) Is it possible to align flats?

2) Is there a program that converts pictures to the doom color palette easily? secondly, is it freeware?

well.. that reminds me of something else...

3) Would it ever be possible to change the color palette in doom from what is it now? 256..? to like 16 million or whatever? just curious... thanks alot!!

1) No.

2) Almost all WAD editors do it. XWE (my own) does it easily too, get it here: doomworld.com/xwe. You can load any bitmap or JPG, and it will be automatically converted to the Doom Palette (or to your local palette, if you have one).

3) Not in ZDoom.

1) Is it possible to align flats?

I think you mean aligned so they don't split where they meet the walls? That's up to you when you draw the level.

To do that, set the grid to 64 and use that to draw. DeePsea, DCK and WA have a separate "64 grid" just for visual reference. Any editor's grid set to 64 will show you where the flats will align.

1) Yes, it's possible.

ZDoom has a couple of specials designed to align and scale flats - can't recall them off the top of my head right now, but I know they exist.

I'm pretty sure that this only exists in ZDoom 1.23b18 (or so) and up.

2) Is there a program that converts pictures to the doom color palette easily? secondly, is it freeware?[/B]

I use Paint Shop Pro... It's shareware. First you have to take for example screenshot from DooM, load it on PSP and use the "save palette" feature. Then you can load that palette on any picture you want and the colors will be converted to the closest possible found in DooM palette.

1) Yes, it's possible.

ZDoom has a couple of specials designed to align and scale flats - can't recall them off the top of my head right now, but I know they exist.

I'm pretty sure that this only exists in ZDoom 1.23b18 (or so) and up.

The flat aligning has been there for quite some time now.

The ACS command is Line_AlignFloor(line, side); where 'line' is the line id and 'side' is front (0) or back (1). Maybe Wildman did a tutorial, just check out his stuff on the ZDoom page. You might also want to check out my FBase5 level and figure it out by looking at the level and scripts.