Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Does anybody else get the feeling...

That Doom 3 is basically going to tear too far away from the ways of the original dooms, and when they play it they will say, "damn, this isn't what I expected" and go play doom1 or 2 again?

Just curious, because I don't think doom 3 will provide the same simplistic find-the-key screw-mission-objectives slaughterfest I love so much...

I'm just saying doom didn't really have to be mission oriented to be the greatest game ever. The slaughtering was enough. It is actually my opinion that mission objectives tend to lower the fun factor of a game more than boost it (not always true)

Who says you can't have a slaughterfest but still have some organization to the missions???

Heh, yeah, ever played Juggernaut for Quake2? Buggy but damn, talk about your slaughterfests. You could shoot a BFG into any room and some 10 laser beams come out of the shot and start frying dudes.

i couldn't agree more...there will be a fine line between it being an up to date doom and it being an entirely different game.

OK OK OK!!!

DooM III might be more mission based...Beings the person who designed the levels for
Quake 2 is working on d3. But I think iD will concentrate on this being an all out
horror/killing spree game also. I think the point of doom in this will be more emphasized
and more detailed. Wouldn’t you like have a demon jump out at you like it did in doom
only with tones more special effects.

But if you're asking if this will be better from the original doom...I can't answer that, only
time will tell. But iD hasn’t let us done yet.

I think DooM3 can be a totally different experience but still blow our minds. There's no way it's gonna be the same as the old ones so we just can't expect it to.

I'm sure Doom 3 will have some sort of constant mission, but probably not the constant objective updates of Q2.

You'll probably lose radio contact for large portions of the game, or advance the story by talking to ill-fated NPC's like (dare I say it?) Half-Life.

It just seems like constantly getting instructions from someone would mess with the whole atmosphere of paranoia and isolation.

I hope DOOM 3 is WAY different from the old ones. I really do.

Die.

I don't think doom 3 will provide the same simplistic find-the-key screw-mission-objectives slaughterfest I love so much...

My god you want DOOM 3 to end up like tresspasser?
FInd the key shit is old, the game will flop no matter the graphics if the gameplay is that dated, now a Half-Life/ Serious Sam cross would work..

Ok, we've all established that the graphics in Doom3 are going to kick the collective asses of the video game industry. I don't think that's even an issue. What with the GeForce3 (sound of angels singing), the graphics are a no-brainer.

As to the gameplay? I'd like to see more hard-and-fast action, more run-n-gun-kick-ass-and-don't-stop-to-take-name-'cos-there's-a-thousand-bloodthirsty-hellspawn-two-inches-from-your-face sort of gameplay. Basically, something more like the first few levels of DOOM II, actionwise. My playing style (in all games, CS, Q3, DOOM) has been labelled "Balls to the Wall", for my characteristic bum rush/battle cry. As such, if the game goes as slowly as HL did, I'm going to be very disappointed (not that I didn't like HL...)

DC

I also hope that DOOM will be WAY different than the old ones.

Think about it guys, what things from the old doom series could we possibly get?

Locations - maybe some locations that remind of the old doom but nothing more.

Enemies - return of some old enemies.

Weapons - return of some old weapons.

That's it guys!

The storyline is new, the engine is new, the art is new, everything is new.

My guess is:

Either Hell has built up a new army and invades some planet or moon or it's a prequle:

You work at one of the bases, Deimos base or at the Phobos base.

I hope that they DON'T use that kind of storyline to D3.