Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

Deus Ex: Invisible War demo out!

the_Danarchist said:

Lighting is about half the game in Thief.

Half? Bit of an understatement, don't you think?

And how did you manage to fall for that?

Ultraviolet said:

And how did you manage to fall for that?

Considering they turned the gamplay back to Wolfenstein 3-D for Deus Ex 2, I wouldn't hold it past them.

Thief 3 will have the same lighting trickery, with the added bonus of player-shadows.

And this game is suck. I shall enjoy ripping sounds from it.

thief 3 is being developed for xboc and pc concurrently too, I hope they don't bork shit like they did dx2...

btw, I was thinking, and I know they couldn't have made it quite as complex as dx1 if they wanted the same game on the xbox, but they dumbed it down a LOT. I mean Halo has area damage (or at least the pc version did, I think xbox had head shots at least), multiple types of ammo and weapon reloads AND it's the best selling xbox game and probably one of the best games avaliable for the system...

did ion storm just not realize that or something... sigh

heh, halo was pretty simple too. those maps are pretty damn linear. but that works ok for a straight up action game i guess. deus ex just doesn't seem like the kind of game that belongs on a console at all. that said, maybe the fact that 9/10 threads currently on the official eidos DX: IW forum are a bash on the demo, maybe they'll revise it a bit before the final release. otherwise it looks like they've completely and utterly lost their original audience, which is about the worst thing a sequel can do.

GS-1719 said:

My thoughts:
- Runs like crap on my P4 3.0 and GF4400
- Interface is hideous and unusable - big fonts, circular thing blocking most of the screen, navigation is also difficult - clearly aimed at consoles.
- Can't say much about the game based on such a short demo

I agree. This demo definetly left me feeling unsatisfied, in part because it doesn't quite feel like Deus Ex. Ion Storm stated a number of times that simplifying the interface was one of their main concerns - but to me it's pretty clumsy compared to the first game.

If the full game is like the demo (which it probably and hopefully won't be), I will be disappointed.

sargebaldy said:

heh, halo was pretty simple too. those maps are pretty damn linear. but that works ok for a straight up action game i guess. deus ex just doesn't seem like the kind of game that belongs on a console at all. that said, maybe the fact that 9/10 threads currently on the official eidos DX: IW forum are a bash on the demo, maybe they'll revise it a bit before the final release. otherwise it looks like they've completely and utterly lost their original audience, which is about the worst thing a sequel can do.

I doubt it, it's more or less finalized. it's slated to be in stores by dec 2nd or so, which it not nearly enough time to make it not suck

besides generally delaying a game is suicide for the company doing so (look at what daikatana did to the other ion branch, they delayed it so much that it's astronomical failure caused the company to fold, and there's no doubt in my mind that duke4 will also be an astronomical failure, if it ever comes out) in fact the only company I can think of that's pulled that off was valve when they scrapped and delayed hl1 for a year, and that only worked out because the founders were rich ex-microsoft employees

Just revived the forum real quick to add a followup comment... now that the game has gone gold... and it seems the petition was a waste of time (surprise) I wonder how many positive comments ion storm heard to consider that going gold was the way to go at this point, even if delays would lead to more Diagaytana jokes.

I think they'll probably get more "Daikatana"esque comments releasing the game in its current state. But maybe it's only the Deus Ex crowd that are disappointed, maybe it'll appeal to someone out there.

Cyb said:

there's no doubt in my mind that duke4 will also be an astronomical failure

Regardless of the retarded saga of Duke4, the game is fully funded by 3D Realms, who made an absolute shitload of money off of Duke3D. Whether or not they recoup their development costs is certainly questionable, but 3D Realms will not go bankrupt if DNF doesn't sell well when it's released in 2009.

Thanks for saving me my time and bandwidth, so I no longer have to download a shitty demo for a shitty game that is on a shit slow server. Shit.

Duke Nukem Forever: Coming out in 2016.

I'm writing this post just so that we can bump this thread again in seven more years.

Later you can explain me too what this is all about, OK?

Maes said:

Later you can explain me too what this is all about, OK?

Obviously a +1 to post count. Thats the only reason!

Linguica said:

Yeah I guess so...

Haha! Makes you wonder if SargeBaldy knew how likely he was to be right 7 years ago!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I am posting in this thread.

Whyyyyyy are there so many old people in here?
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY