Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Demo depot - Scorp's Portal

For some time now, I'm trying to record every ZDaemon game I play in. You know, a file called a demo lump, which records every move anyone makes, so you can play it back later and watch yourself play, or someone else (F12).

At the moment I'm still working on it, but I'll create a spot on my website where you can download some of the better demos to play back by starting:

ZDAEMON.EXE -IWAD DOOM2.WAD -FILE DWANGO5.WAD -NETPLAY SERVER_DEMO.ZDO

I decided to place this topic here because I have a request. I want to make this page not only for my own demos, but for anyone who recorded in a ZDaemon game. It's actually pretty easy to record a (server game), you don't even have to start/host a new game. Just enter a game or server, press ~ to bring up the console, and type the following, of course enter after each command.

DISCONNECT
NETRECORD mydemo!.zdo
RECONNECT

ZDaemon's bugginess will cause the program to error sometimes when you do this. To prevent it, rather start a net game by typing ZDAEMON.EXE -IWAD DOOM2.WAD -FILE DWANGO5.WAD -NETRECORD mydemo!.zdo -CONNECT [ip#] ... Please place as many demos as you guys possibly can in ftp://scorp.ath.cx/incoming/ ... !

The website, soon to be continued, is http://www.scorpsportal.tk/

---

Thanks for the demos (heh both of them) sent already. Although I just watched 1 demo complete, after watching bout 5 minutes of someone running around alone on some L@P server in DWANGO5 MAP07 I got bored and pressed F10. The file is >3MB's so there's prolly a fight or two inside, but I can't stand being led around the Dead Simple map over and over again...! :P

Oh, and I played around a bit in Flash, http://www.scorpsportal.tk is introduced by my very first Flash production... :P

Wether or not other places are there who offer demofiles (doomworld now even has a forum called demos, I didn't know that until recently), I'll try and keep this one up, since... well, since I'm a demo nut.

So please keep sending them, just open the link and drag/drop your ZDO files into it!! ftp://scorp.ath.cx/incoming

Thanks for looking :D

Are you referring to the C64 stuff (which has been declared abandonware), or certain parts of the ftp section (which is temp and you wasn't supposed to see)...? :P Thanks for the warning anyway, I don't like blue suits at my door... ;)

--ADDED

I'm guessing it's the latter, which has been removed.

Thanks for removing that stuff.

Please note that Doomworld policy is to view "Abandonware" as being no different from warez, so if you want to link to your page from these forums (and in your sig), all links to "Abandonware" should be removed too.

That's assuming the company (or people) that owns the rights haven't made it freely available/distributable, in which case "Abandonware" is not the right term to describe it.

Otherwise, it looks like a nice resource, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

Grazza said:

Thanks for removing that stuff.

You're welcome.

Grazza said:

Please note that Doomworld policy is to view "Abandonware" as being no different from warez, so if you want to link to your page from these forums (and in your sig), all links to "Abandonware" should be removed too.

I did read that before somewhere.

Grazza said:

That's assuming the company (or people) that owns the rights haven't made it freely available/distributable, in which case "Abandonware" is not the right term to describe it.

I actually took the time to check this time and validated both the emulated disk images already on my site and the ones I planned to put on it. Some of it is still being sold, so I won't place them in the C64 download section. As for the files already there, I have learned that some of the images were never seen before on the internet, but any creator or claimer of rights on software on my site have already approved free distribution of these programs/demos/games, in some cases even on the original console, the Commodore 64. Please visit c64.com and lemon64.com for additional information.

Grazza said:

Otherwise, it looks like a nice resource, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

Heh, you're welcome. :) Now I'll continue working on the part of my site I actually started this topic for. The ZDaemon deathmatch demo section.