Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ragnew

Vrack 3 is out!!!! Right on Fredrick!!!

Just wanted to share the good, no, great news... The third installment in the Vrack series is now available... Maybe old news, but its new to me... So go grab it at either Fredricks place or 3darchives newstuff!!!

Laters,
Richie

I don't think it's harder than Vrack 2. In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with) the outdoor trap after the big room (very clever gameplay there - a long way to run for safety) and the end bit (which is tough but possible) are harder really, the rest is perfectly doable but by no means easy. (despite the crappy framerate I get in some places)

Either way it's extremely good, probably one of the better things I've played this year.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I don't think it's harder than Vrack 2. In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with)

Don't play on UV then.

It's nothing to do with skill (I handled the wad just fine), the fact is you need ammo to kill monsters, especially when a group of archviles is adding 30 to the monster count and blocking your way out.

For that I'm gonna h4x0r the plasma rifle to be a little more powerful and a little faster, both in rate of fire and projectile speed. I think projectiles should be faster in Doom by default...

Yeow, can you imagine playing any of the Vrack series in UV -fast?

The Ultimate DooMer said:

In fact only the laser maze (which has crappy gameplay - too many archviles, no ammo to fight with)

Heh, well I knew what I was going to be in for, played on HMP, and didnt get no archviles in that bit. Just loads and loads of revenants - had to choreograph every movement to get the fireballs to swing into something solid....

And it could just be my memory, but I think I found Vrack 2 a lot lot easier to complete. For one there always seemed to be at least a little bit of cover on every section. Whereas this one, a few times it traps you in a place where you have nowhere to hide, forcing you to overwork your 1337 dodging skills.

Still enjoyed it though.

Cyb said:

every vrack map gets more and more gray

This is one of the best levels I've played. But I agree with Cyb a little here... some coloured variety would help... which is why I love the consoles so much, the blue and red are nice against all the silver.

Cyb said:

every vrack map gets more and more gray

Damn, at first I didn't the r in the last word.

Julian said:

Damn, at first I didn't the r in the last word.

Every vrack map gets more and more pink?

I downloaded it last night. It's pretty damn big, it looks damned nice, and it plays pretty decent.
But overall, I can't help but feel something is missing that would make it that much better...it's hard to put my finger on it.

DooMBoy said:

I downloaded it last night. It's pretty damn big, it looks damned nice, and it plays pretty decent.
But overall, I can't help but feel something is missing that would make it that much better...it's hard to put my finger on it.

Color?

Yeah, there's a lot of gray and silver everywhere, but it's not just that. To be honest, after playing through and getting killed several times (on HMP, and at various points), I became bored with it.

Ultraviolet said:

Yeow, can you imagine playing any of the Vrack series in UV -fast?

Chris Ratcliff recorded Vrack 2 with -fast, the demo's at the DSDA.