Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Mock2 demos

Grazza said:

I've watched most of them and enjoyed them. I haven't watched the very long ones though. I tried watching the map39 demo using -timedemo, but it desynched in the room with all the voodoo dolls (:p).

Personally, I'd prefer demos where you tried to perform the task as quickly as possible, but maybe other people think teh funneys are worth the extra time.

In the MockDonalds map, I don't know why you didn't collect teh secret BFG though. Is it cauz theyr gay?

What version were you using for the map 39 demo?

Well, they are silly maps (hence non-serious demos) so I thought typing in a few jokes would be appropriate (and funny lol).

I didn't actually know about the BFG in map 26.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

What version were you using for the map 39 demo?

I don't think it's a version issue (I was using 47) - sometimes -timedemo just isn't reliable with certain exes. It's the price you pay for being impatient. :)

Well, I watched it normally and it was fine - what does timedemo do?

Well timedemo plays back the demo dependent on cpu speed - it draws every gametick as fast as possible. When I had a 486, -timedemo was a true slowmotion movie, but on nowadays computers it's like a fast forward. If you -timedemo with the original Doom2 or Boom or likely any other port, you won't get any desyncs, that's just some Zdoom issue it seems.

Heh, if you want some really fast forward, try Boom's (and maybe its derivative ports') -fastdemo parameter.

In glboom at 1600x1200 I find that timedemo is normally about 90% faster (quite pleasantly watchable in general), and that fastdemo is about 11 times faster (only useful for testing purposes). These ratios are system-dependent, of course.

Nuts.wad demos play back slower with timedemo and fastdemo though, and I imagine the same goes for any maps where your machine gives a very low framerate when playing normally.

Eternity and Prboom both have fastdemo; Zdoom and Legacy don't.

I noticed some Mock2 demos weren't speeded much up at all by using timedemo - for instance my mo40-803 demo looked pretty much the same.

I didn't actually know about the BFG in map 26.

Yes, I did a really good job of hiding the BFG. It's incredibly secret.

Hah! I'm back! I'm no longer in army and I'll soon come back on these forums, though propably not just yet as my school hasn't started yet.

Well, to the mock2 demos then. I recorded map14 uv pacifist, I'll upload it someday (I'm at the library now). It's very cool indeed, I really had amazing luck at the end of the level!

Btw, expect The New Oldstuff Chronicles to be continued soon too.

DooMer 4ever! I remember you!

By the way, I released the third level in my Grind series while you were gone. =)

DooMer 4ever said:

Hah! I'm back! I'm no longer in army and I'll soon come back on these forums, though propably not just yet as my school hasn't started yet.

Well, to the mock2 demos then. I recorded map14 uv pacifist, I'll upload it someday (I'm at the library now). It's very cool indeed, I really had amazing luck at the end of the level!

Btw, expect The New Oldstuff Chronicles to be continued soon too.

Cool!! Glad you are OK. Looking forward to "The New Oldstuff Chronicles"

Hey, it's that DooMer 4ever guy! Tis good to see you back, you've been gone waaaay too long :)

DooMer 4ever said:

Good to see you Nanami. I'll surely play your level!

If you need to find it, it's called "Heart" and was released a few newstuffs ago. Actually...

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12233

I was worried when you left because I remember how much you liked the series. Anyway, good to see you're back. Enjoy the wad. =) One of these days I'll start work on the fourth level...

Cool to see so many remember me still. I got to say that every single day of the army was like torture to me. I'm more than happy it's over now.

Speaking of my riverge wad, I might upload an updated version someday, If I find time and will to do it.

/me goes download heart.zip as soon as possible. Already waiting for your fourth wad :)

Welcome. :)
I watched these when DSDA was updated, neat stuff. This wad has some sick midis...