Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

the BFG in DM

It gets annoying if you play with BFG whores, but if someone only grabs it once in a while, it's not so bad.

It gets annoying if you play with BFG whores, but if someone only grabs it once in a while, it's not so bad.

/me slaps archvile64, it rulz all the way .....

i don't like it because it sucks 2 ways:
1. takes to long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

2.some people can't live without it

just give me the double barrel........

Do us all a favor and explain this "cone effect" I thought that all it was that when it explodes, everything in your sight is affected by the blast. or is that it?

dang, doomsick, those reasons sound totally dumb and pointless. This is what BFG is all about. start charging and aim at one point first, then give a large green blast shot to your guy.

1. takes too long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

True, it takes a little longer to reload than any other weapons, but try to imagine how much of its damage could do and all those fantastic unpredictable tricks. It's all worth it. Think about it again, sometimes SSG even has to take as much of time as BFG does. Twice as much than single-barrel shotgun. Well, it depends on what kind of situation you are under in. If in deathmatch on d5m1, for the smart dooomers would prefer to bump into the window and grab the BFG, but the disadvantage is the area is pretty much open and you would get shot with SSG by your enemy.

Plasma rifle all the way baby!

Sometimes I would prefer to use it as for my BFG cells

Yeah, most times you can kill someone with the Plasma Rifle in the same time it takes for the BFG to fire.

The plasma rifle can be more effective sometimes, it fires off it's cells so quickly, the BFG don't.

Yeah, most times you can kill someone with the Plasma Rifle in the same time it takes for the BFG to fire.

The plasma rifle owns the BFG.

Well, it depends on which map do you use them. If on map01, you may keep shooting plasma cells to prevent people invade into the plasma room through the hallway, but BFG could take more damage of its core effect. However, you'll need to speed up yourself first by using wallrunning and strafe50 when you are going through the hallway. That could get the opponent effected with BFG.

deathzor is a bfg user too? umm, interesting, i'd like to experience him out sometime.

BUT BFG isn't whore

People always get confused with the true meaning of BFG lamer or BFG whore. The true meaning of

BFG LAMER = PEOPLE WHO WHINE ABOUT BFB /DON'T KNOW HOW TO DODGE BFG

People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one, just because they can't handle the damn thing when they're attacked by it.

Hmm. I read the DOC. and now a lot becomes clear.... The BFG is QUITE a complicated weapon.

practice some more bfg tricks on map01 :)

People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one. People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one, just because they can't handle the damn thing when they're attacked by it.

It could be dodged really easily sometimes.

/dang, doomsick, those reasons sound totally dumb and pointless./ This is what BFG is all about. start charging and aim at one point first, then give a large green blast shot to your guy.

1. takes too long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

True, it takes a little longer to reload than any other weapons, but try to imagine how much of its damage could do and all those fantastic unpredictable tricks. It's all worth it. Think about it again, sometimes SSG even has to take as much of time as BFG does. Twice as much than single-barrel shotgun. Well, it depends on what kind of situation you are under in. If in deathmatch on d5m1, for the smart dooomers would prefer to bump into the window and grab the BFG, but the disadvantage is the area is pretty much open and you would get shot with SSG by your enemy.

you bring up good points, but you should remember there are different styles of dm player. i just don't much care for the bfg. i'd rather hunt than just blast the green blob at people. and i do think it's slower than the ssg's reload...maybe it's just me.

and i do think it's slower than the ssg's reload...maybe it's just me.

I think they even themselves out.

Heh, speaking of the BFG, Deathwarrior is a BFG WHORE!!! :P

say hi to chewy. he IS the bfg whore. i only use it when other people do. i also can't stand people who only rely on plasma rifles.

the weapons i'm best at are the ssg and chaingun.

Heh, speaking of the BFG, Deathwarrior is a BFG WHORE!!! :P

say hi to chewy. he IS the bfg whore. i only use it when other people do. i also can't stand people who only rely on plasma rifles.

the weapons i'm best at are the ssg and chaingun.

/me is going over to chewy's house and hand this msg to him :)

Ah HA, SO AM I, bfg lives 4eva

btw, speaking of plasma rifle, nah you people can't really rely on it too much, cuz chaingun could take advantage on plasma rifle when you need to aim at small points at narrow corners and edges

real skill is using the chainsaw, which i have done many times before. i also do beserk+fist combo often.