Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

The DOOM populace

Do you think there are enough DOOMers out there (besides we elite DOOMers) or people that remember DOOM out in the world for the current DOOM events to be considered a "Doom hype"?

I doubt there is few out there...many have gone on to new games at least until Doom 3 comes out...then we'll get that newbie influx we're all hearing about

What I don't like is the pepole that like a game only 'cuz of its graphics and that anything made before the current craze is "uncool". They never look at the gameplay aspects and only care about how cool or real something looks.

Does anyone else think this?

That's why Doom is, and always will be the best, despite all these asthetically-pleasing new games that just don't capture the same feel and gameplay.

Those who whine about the graphics of Doom are really retarded because it was friggin' released in 1993(??)...what could you possibly expect from it then...

i think there's a lot of people who play doom, if not a lot of us "elite" doomers. there is a difference. as far as hype, i think it's no coincidence that collectors doom and gba doom are coming out. it gets the attention of people who play doom from time to time so they'll remember how fun it is. then they'll be primed for doom 3.

What I don't like is the pepole that like a game only 'cuz of its graphics and that anything made before the current craze is "uncool". They never look at the gameplay aspects and only care about how cool or real something looks.

Seems that way so often now.... a reason I'm wary of the new consoles. Trust no reviwers, as most are inclined to the "pretty graphics" it seems.... then PSM just makes me frustrated these days.

I love DOOM based on its gameplay and longevity. The possibilities are huge for modifications as well, as all here know ^.^;;. It plays well! Anyone play Temco's Deception? I thought of that as a mellower, more strategic DOOM.... with less demons.

I think there are enough, even killers are known as DOOM fans which is strange =(

My big question is who's gonna stay with Classic DOOM 10 years from now.

Yep, let's just tell the 13yld-metalgearsolid-script-kiddies that...

We can't say it to them yet, their IQ must increase a bit first.

Do you think there are enough DOOMers out there (besides we elite DOOMers) or people that remember DOOM out in the world for the current DOOM events to be considered a "Doom hype"?

I've read this 10 times and I still have no idea what the hell you're trying to ask.

then we'll get that newbie influx we're all hearing about

/me cracks his knuckles and grins in anticipation

/me gets ready to have to settle any stoopid newbie questions...

then we'll get that newbie influx we're all hearing about

/me cracks his knuckles and grins in anticipation

/me Warms up the Plasma Rifle and pulls out a thermos of Mac's Coffee