Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

DRD project screenies.

Okay, so I started my work on next map for DRD project. The fourth map for first episode. It goes smoothly as for now, and I have a couple of screenies for review. Here you go:

{screens were already deleted from server}

Yeah, I know. Nothing special. Come to think of it, I could have done hundreds of 'other' things with ZDoom, but I've chosen to keep to Doom1 climate.
I'll paste some more lucrative screens on WIP, when I have them.

Donce said:

If it runs with the original doom.exe, I'm happy with it.

Most likely not. The previous maps in this project are ZDoom only.

looks decent enough. With this level of detail, gameplay decides the outcome entirely.

Hm, glad you like it. Currently detailing the level a bit more and completing rest of the areas. Will be finished today or tomorrow [damn I'm quick :P].

Hmm, looks pretty good, but it seems it could use some more monsters, especially the outside area, but it's of course hard to say that from screenshots.

There are fair enough, I would say. From the third screenshot you cannot see two demons, few other imps and a squad of former humans. But they are out there for sure :)

Currently upgrading my earlier maps for DRD project. E1M1 has gained 40 kilobytes more just with detailing O_o

^_^ That's me!
Hey, wait. That text 'bout wood n' gray textures was a joke, right? There are none in the screens I've shown, but there's one below Elmo on the photo. ^_^

BTW, E1M1 Theta station had gone through some improvements.
the old shot:

the new shot

now, see any differences?
WRONG! I've changed the crosshair :D

Oh, but that's not wooden texture, unless you really want to. As you can see it's just recoloured default GRAY texture.

Those texture look quite good, even if they are just recolored.
I like this map, although if I was playing it, I'd like for it to be challenging as well.

ellmo: do you mind if I borrow your idea of the recolored gray textures? I intend on making my own from scratch, but it's just I want to be sure you don't mind.

EarthQuake, recolouring is definately not my idea, so you can obviously do with the textures whatever you want ^_^

I'm doing it because I'm not an artist, and I don't want to bother anyone for making me new textures. So I decided to use recoloured GRAYx, as well as different variations of COMTILE/COMPBLUE, BROWNx, STARxxxx, METALx and so on, and so on. I will also try to construct my own flats, or recolour original ones.

Just started E1M5: "Sewage System". I've already some 'dark, atmospheric' plans for it :D

Okay, so I changed thread's name [again],
now I don't need to create new threads, but I'll add screens right here. And a s always you'll tell me what you think.

Here come three screens for DRD E1M5 "Sewage System":

So, what?

Looking good. A minor complaint would be that the architecture looks a bit "messy" (not clean and a little crammed. It's a very minor complaint though.) Where are the big, open areas?

I don't think there will be any open (with SKY) sectors. It's Sewage System, and it's somewhere below the ground, but you'll have plenty of wide areas to fight and dodge, as well as hallways, corridors and so on.

There are more screenshots at DRD site:
http://doomos.webpark.pl/index.html

Ellmo,Nice screens.
After i finish uac base(beta release should be expected soon),Exactly what level do u want me to do,and what tech type theme do you want?
Keep in mind im not so good in zdoom,All i can do is glass windows from my experience but im willing to learn.

ShadowRunner said:

(...)Exactly what level do u want me to do,and what tech type theme do you want?(...)

Most of all you must learn to Detail your maps. Cos I've seen some really fine ideas in the small part of base you sent me, like the use of UAC letters from SHAWN1, but it's still not enough. You overused light flats at the ceiling, and as for the crates, they should differ a bit more.
But I'll be pleased to see any beta releases. Then I'll tell you what to work on.

"Sewage System" grows, and grows. It's 300kb now, an i think I've done about 40% only :D Glad you like the screens, Sarge.

Uh, how's Enigma going?