Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

DRD dilemma [poll]

what to do with DRD?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. what to do with DRD?

• Keep up the work as it was...
    • yes! Abort all other maps and switch to vanilla!

Okay, so I have a problem now. My newest map for DRD project differs from others so much, that I'm thinking of aborting all my earlier maps, and starting again from "Sewage System", since It is very well detailed and big. Also I'm thinking about switching from ZDoom to Vanilla Doom, because I'm not using most of port's features.

Please vote to help me make a decission.

Keep using ZDoom. You may not be using any of its features, but you won't need to worry about the dreaded visplane overflows, which means that you can make the maps as detailed and complex as you want. As for your newest map, if it's that different from the rest, you could just put it in later on in the episode, or even release it separately.

Seems I won't be able to switch to vanilla anyway, but I really think about aborting all other maps.

ellmo said:

Seems I won't be able to switch to vanilla anyway, but I really think about aborting all other maps.

If you think you want to abort your old maps you should still release them as a separate WAD. There's no need to throw away good stuff IMHO.

It'll be easier to decide when you see all of the levels in demo, so you can contrast them...

500 sectors for Sewage system already :P