Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

How do I set a blue colormap that only affects the underwater areas in Doom Legacy!?

Does anyone know how to do this? I set the color map for the control sector that creates the deep water, and that didn't work.. I also tried setting the colormap for the main sectors, and of course, that covered everything in the colormap... anyways.. how do I do this? Thanks for your time....

i've never experienced that problem. if you want me to make an example map of it working, feel free to ask.

Hell yeah!! Please do man, cuz visual learning is so much easier... but either way, if you just wanted to explain it in detail, that would be fine to... hook me up bro!! thanks....

See boomref.txt:

If they are [underwater], then the floor and ceiling textures and lightlevel from the control sector are used, and the lower texture in the 242 linedef's first sidedef is used as the colormap.

here is the level. take note that if you use mutliple water sectors in one area, you must have a texture that only has the transperant colour, because "-" displays "AASHITTY" in Legacy. You can take the "NULLTEXT" texture from the wad above if you want.