Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caco-Puff

Another Doom sound used in movie..

In Kangaroo Jack(Ass) one of the camels grunts,The sound it makes is identicle to the sound the Zombieman makes when it dies.

Anyone else have any other Doom sitings/hearings in movies?

It's been mentioned before, yes. And this topic has existed before too. But that was a while ago... will this thread stay?

Oh, if it is I'd like to mention the boss cube shooter noise was in Eight Legged Freaks when a truck blew up.

In Dreamcraper I mean dreamcatcher, this alein who took over the body of the guy with the red beard makes the noise of the final boss from doom2 every time he puts his hat on his head. you know the noise of the spawn cubes when they are released. cha-whooow. Which makes absolutly no sence.

They use Doom sounds all the time. The two I hear most frequently are the sound that doors make when they open, and the sound that Imps make when they awake.

In The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, after Nergal shocks Billy to death and moves in on Aunt Siss, the scene changing sound is the Boss Cube sound. I've also heard this sound many many times throughout the show, but there are too many to name here.
Also, in Rugrats, "Super Diaper-Babies," when the Angellatron malfunctions it makes the door opening and closing sounds.

They used the SabreClaw's (Heretic) idle sound in the first Resident Evil's opening movie.
By the way, that spawn cube sound is very generic... I've heard it in so many movies, some older than Doom (if I remember the names, I'll tell you), so I think Doom was the one who uhh.. "stole" it :)

In Playmate of the Apes,They used The door open and close noises after the sex scene when the ship crashed.Later on in the movie they used sounds from age of empires in it as well.

They don't "use" anything from Doom. Many sound effects in movies and games are taken from various commercial sound libraries. In some cases, they're taken from the same libraries.

A few years back I remember a commercial for the next exciting episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine had a scene where a door opened and it sounded just like a door opening from doom. Funny thing was, that was the only sound in the commercial other than the narrator blabbing about what was going on.

ShadowRunner said:

yeah i recall hearing doom noises and such in about 10 movies or so.
They used DooM in a episode of Er once which was cool.

Yeah, half the episode was about them upgrading their computer systems, and some guy brought in Doom to test it out. Soon most of the staff was huddled around the game waiting to play. But we're talking about the public domain SFX that appear in Doom.

I heard the spawncube FX just the other day, I think it was on a commercial for Stargate or some other Sci-Fi show. Yeah, if you watch the SciFi channel you'll hear a lot of the same sounds-- most of the shows are low-budget.

Yeah, one movie I was watching. Had a tired camel lying on the ground and it played the imp dead sound. (Simlar to Caco-Puffs)

I also noticed that lots of TV programs use some Goldeneye 007 sounds too.

Squall said:
Yeah, one movie I was watching. Had a tired camel lying on the ground and it played the imp dead sound. (Simlar to Caco-Puffs)

Yup, saw that one too. Both imp death sounds could be heard in rapid succession from a pack of camels lying on the ground (on some street in one scene of the movie). I remember it was an old matinée, possibly it was "Lawrence of Arabia". (Not 100% sure though)

Shapeless said:

In Dreamcraper I mean dreamcatcher, this alein who took over the body of the guy with the red beard makes the noise of the final boss from doom2 every time he puts his hat on his head. you know the noise of the spawn cubes when they are released. cha-whooow. Which makes absolutly no sence.

yea i got a kick out of that

very few of the sounds in Doom (or any game) are originals (excepting voice acting of course); they all come from sound libraries which you can purchase yourself (if you desire). Among them, the boss brain shooting sound is very common for whatever reason, but I assure you nobody is using actual Doom sounds anywhere.

You can hear sounds from one of the C&C games in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", in the car scene where the vampire lady kills a bunch of people.

The reason...you always hear the zombieman sounds...with camels...is because its the fucking sound that a camel makes. Ugh.

ShadowRunner said:

In Playmate of the Apes,They used The door open and close noises after the sex scene when the ship crashed.Later on in the movie they used sounds from age of empires in it as well.

I don't want to know.

I also heared those sounds and many from other games ("Magic Carpet" is also a frequently candidate) in several movies, shows and commercials.
I wonder what sound libraries they actually are using. How old are those sounds? Where are they have their debuts? Does anyone know?

I used to hear the boss-shooter sound in some other TV show that used to come on the sci fi channel/bravo a lot, one of those "Trying to be the outer limits" (alough the outer limits itself became shit after the 50's) shows like "Urban gothic" or something, i also heard the door opening sound in Red faction, in one scene where a door fails to open (and you have to blow your way around it)

deathbringer said:

I used to hear the boss-shooter sound in some other TV show that used to come on the sci fi channel/bravo a lot, one of those "Trying to be the outer limits" (alough the outer limits itself became shit after the 50's) shows like "Urban gothic" or something, i also heard the door opening sound in Red faction, in one scene where a door fails to open (and you have to blow your way around it)

The boss shooter sound occurs in so many films it's almost ridiculous. I can understand that sound engineers think it is cool but is so recognizable that every time I hear it it almost pulls me out of the movie. In my 200 DVD collection I have it at least 5 times.