Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

About Eternity

Thus far the Eternity Engine hasn't had any success in attracting small editing projects such as single levels. There are several TC projects including Mordeth episode III lined up to make use of it, but that's all I'm aware of at the current time.

EE 3.29 beta 5 will include some powerful new hexen-like features and dynamic thing types (think DDF), so I'm hoping these features gain it a little usage.

Its a good thing I'm in this for the enjoyment and not for a popularity contest or else I'd have quit years ago :->

What is this Eternity Engine? Is it compatible with Ulimate Doom? I would like to try it.

The Eternity Engine is a general-purpose DOOM source port; it can currently run DOOM, Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, and Final DOOM, Heretic support is planned for the future.

The Eternity Engine is the engine that the Eternity Total Conversion will be using, so I've added some features to it just for the TC, but they'll be usable by everyone for any project.

Eternity is a BOOM descendent, based directly on fraggle's SMMU port, which was based on MBF, which was based on BOOM. Eternity has split pretty radically with its ancestors, while still maintaining a high degree of purity and compatibility -- but for instance, there's code in it from DOOM Legacy, zdoom, and Hexen, so its definitely not vanilla DOOM :->