Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

P1C1S2i1_(5)

II

"Come in control. This is class B military freighter Odenda requesting docking clearance. I repeat, this is class B military freighter Odenda requesting docking clearance. Over."
"We read you loud and clear Odenda. You are clear to dock at East port oh-seven-five. Over."
"Roger, control. Heading to oh-seven five. Over."
"Not a lot of traffic around here recently Odenda, so the outer landing pad is empty. Unless you prefer to dock inside, you shouldn't need us to signal you through your landing. Over."
"Thank you control, but I've got some fragile cargo on board, the closer I can get to sector E and Dr. … who's this, Dr. Simmons, yeah. Anyway, the closer I can get this load to them, the better. Over."
"Roger that Odenda. Bay doors on oh-seven-five now open. You may proceed. Over"

"Dr. Simmons, please report to Docking Bay oh-seven-five." The static filled voice of the inter-com echoed throughout the laboratory. Thomas Simmons looked up from his computer, his glassed sliding down his nose as he did so.
"What?"
He slowly stood up, re-adjusting his glasses with his left hand as he did so. He was not an incredibly tall man, standing at around 5 foot 6. At 44 years old he was happy to still have hair on his head as well as the stubble on his chin, though it was beginning to show more and more signs of turning gray recently. Divorced and without children, Thomas had no qualms about moving to the Mars colony when he joined UAC. However, when UAC decided to reorganize their facilities, and he was given the option of moving to Phobos or losing his job, he was a bit less enthusiastic. These days he was all but on the military's payroll. UAC had little use for the scientists they hired back when Thomas was starting out. But the Earth military did, and as long as it profited them, UAC was not going to say no.
"Hey, Tom."
"Yeah?"
Joseph Gordon, Thomas' assistant was standing by a sliding glass leading into the hallway. He had been from purchasing a snack for a vending machine and must have come back when he heard the inter-com, Thomas thought. A gleam of red from a candy bar wrapping peaked from out of Joseph's hand.
"Why do they want you to go down to the Docking Bay area?"
"I'm not sure, but I suppose I should head down there and see what they want."
"Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on things here till you get back."

Good stuff.
Hey where does this take place? Sorry if I haven't been paying attention.
Anyway, I think a story about what actually happenend on Phobos and Deimos would be cool. I mean we have never gotten a first person account of what really went on when the bases were taken over.

I'm glad to see someone else has the same desire as me to fill in the holes of the Doom storyline. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of what you're going to write.
As you know, I am currently writing a novelisation (can't think of a better word) of the current section of Doom Chronicles I'm working on... It takes place on Earth and (here's a plotline hint for all those who have downloaded the WIP or read the preview I posted the other day) explains why the demons didn't stop at Mars and it's moons.
I will be developing 3 prequels and one sequel to this current section I am working on, the three prequels will involve the incident in which the Doom Guy (I'm going to have to hold a poll on what everyone thinks his name should be for the sake of the story) punched out his superior officer; Deimos just before it takes a trip to hell (and just after aswell); and on Phobos while the marines storm the base and Doom Guy secures the perimeter (and no, this chapter won't be seen from Doom Guy's eyes). The sequel will be set on Earth again and will take place directly after the Circle of Destruction map in Doom 2 and will involve evacuating the civilians from Earth. All of these will be heavilly story based, so you might understand why I am interested in seeing if you would like to sign up to the Doom Chronicles project.
Oh well, that's enough from me. Keep up the good work.

Wow. I'm glad that you guys are liking this. Now that the background information is set up I have a chance to do some real writing on this project, things you get good within a few days. Right now I plan on writing about the events that occured on Phobos (and minorly on Deimos) leading up to the anomoly. Depending on what everybody thinks at that point, I may or may not get into the what happens with everyone's favorite space marine.
On a side note, I'll be posting an index in a few days. As pieces from the beginning of the story get buried by everyone's newer stuff, the index will have links to all the chapters in case somebody misses a piece. Bigbadgangsta, if you are reading this, you might want to do this too. I'm sure everyone will want easy access to the First Person Shooter Lounge.

Yeah, good idea. I get kinda lost looking around for stuff because of the way these forums shuffle stuff around(as I have already demonstrated). I would be interested if you did set up an index because it would be easier to follow. You'd probably get more responses to your stories as well.