Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Astewart41

HELP!

Okay, the editor I usually use for common in-game stuff is DoomEd. I have also used this to insert special effects in one of my maps. The problem I have, is I've inserted a few new flats using WinTex in the wad, and DoomEd doesn't support New Flats/Textures, so I used DeepSea to use them, but when I saved, it TOTALLY fucked my map up... HELP ME JACK!

Not much info to go on. Please send me the level. Sounds like may have saved it as a Hexen format level (in which case DeePsea would have told you the level was in the wrong format)? Or who knows?

There is positively no issue saving any PWAD with whatever in it - assuming the original PWAD itself is valid. Wintex however, does not do a great job of duplicate lumpname checking - meaning it creates duplicate entries. That again would have been detected by DeePsea. Don't know what it would do in Doom. Sometimes having the wrong control names will bomb out DOOM.

But the easiest way to resolve this is to see the level. Don't forget, the original level is always saved as .BAK, meaning it's still there!

PS: I'm assuming you have at least version 11.2 The one posted here is obsolete. The current version is 11.3.

Ok, sent you back a fix adding the texture name, however, there's nothing wrong with the file.

What I did see is that DoomEd does not save the file correctly. It made TEXTURE1 into a PNAMES, so the final PWAD ends up with 2 PNAMES and no TEXTURE1 and duplicated TAGDESC entries - not a good thing.

There is no level distortion that I could see in terms of vertices moving around and all that. Looked ok in various other pgms I tried besides DeePsea. (There were 3 linedefs sharing the same vertices - should be deleted - doesn't cause a display issue).

Only thing I can think of is to run a check on your file system using scandisk. Could be some cross-linked files.

Okay, the editor I usually use for common in-game stuff is DoomEd.

From what I've read, DooMEd is fairly decent for basic editing. However, as you already have DeepSea, why don't you consider using DeepSea as your basic (plus special fx) editor? It is stable, versatile, and well-supported, except on the occasions when Jack goes in for rehab :)

.. except on the occasions when Jack goes in for rehab :)

I'm always in rehab. Wouldn't have it any other way:)