Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

Gott in Himmel!

Out of the 2, I'd have to say Rammstein. Didn't know KMFDM was German; the only song I've heard by them, they spoke perfect English.

KMFDM I believe is from Germany, and they use a lot of German in their songs, but they do mostly sing in English.

WTF??

THAT'S the extent of your knowledge of German music??? I should condemn this for leaving Das Ich off the answers list, but no Einsturzende Neubaten, no Tanzwut, no And One, no Silke Bischoff, no kAlte fArben, no Subway to Sally, no In Extremo, no Mondsucht, no Engelstaub, no Illuminate, no Untoten, and NO DAS ICH?!?!? Hell, even Herbert Grönemeier can fit in here, or some of those half-german/half-english bands like Kraftwerk, L'ame Immortelle, BlutEngel and Untoten.

I won't even get into the non-mainstream stuff since I doubt that's the kind of music you'd enjoy (classical, folk, jazz, black/death metal, etc.)

SCHWEID-SMOKING ELECTROPLATED DILDO-RIDING BLACK JESUS CANDY-COATED CHRIST ON A FUCKING MOPED, SEEK HELP MAN!

Wait for Lüt to get here

WTF??

THAT'S the extent of your knowledge of German music??? I should condemn this for leaving Das Ich off the answers list, but no Einsturzende Neubaten, no Tanzwut, no And One, no Silke Bischoff, no kAlte fArben, no Subway to Sally, no In Extremo, no Mondsucht, no Engelstaub, no Illuminate, no Untoten, and NO DAS ICH?!?!? Hell, even Herbert Grönemeier can fit in here, or some of those half-german/half-english bands like Kraftwerk, L'ame Immortelle, BlutEngel and Untoten.

I won't even get into the non-mainstream stuff since I doubt that's the kind of music you'd enjoy (classical, folk, jazz, black/death metal, etc.)

SCHWEID-SMOKING ELECTROPLATED DILDO-RIDING BLACK JESUS CANDY-COATED CHRIST ON A FUCKING MOPED, SEEK HELP MAN!

Liam the Bard, a.k.a Liam the Prophet.

Liam the Bard, a.k.a Liam the Prophet.

Heh, well, I think I've tried to push Das Ich on him a few times. I don't think he was expecting the rest of that though :)

Herbert Grönemeier

No! Not him! He was in our German textbook...and a picture of a German holding a David Hasslehof biography...LOL.

Anyways, don't frickin flame me just because I don't specialize in German music. Christ on a stick...

The only other German group I've ever heard of is that one group that did that song sung in French with Celtic metal in the background. That was fuckin awesome...only heard it twice though.

Herbert Grönemeier

No! Not him! He was in our German textbook...

Haha, I know, that's where I first heard of him too :P Deutsch Aktuell 2, right? The black book. I think that's the one with the Gisela character in one of the dialogues.

The only other German group I've ever heard of is that one group that did that song sung in French with Celtic metal in the background. That was fuckin awesome...only heard it twice though.

You wouldn't happen to know the band/song name? There's a lot of bands like that which will occasionally do a song in a foreign language, German seems to be the most popular.

Haha, I know, that's where I first heard of him too :P Deutsch Aktuell 2, right? The black book. I think that's the one with the Gisela character in one of the dialogues.

That's the one ROFL...I hated those books. I bet you could get some avatars from those.

You wouldn't happen to know the band/song name? There's a lot of bands like that which will occasionally do a song in a foreign language, German seems to be the most popular.

All I can remember is that they were a German band singing in French.

That's the one ROFL...I hated those books. I bet you could get some avatars from those.

Yeah, my friends and I have like 50 of those combined. The school got new books so they were gonna sell all the old ones, but somebody stole them all and somehow they ended up with them, so I took a few.

German class ruled, I'm making a fanclub for the old teacher. He retired last year though :(

Look into the work of
Walter von der Vogelweide
or
Neidhart von Reuental

Both german mediaval composers (early music, "Minne").
Hard to understand, but very funny sometimes.

Neidhart von Reuental, for example, wrote the song "Pimmel Polka", which means "Penis Polka", a song with very obscene gestures - rofl.

"Einstürzende Neubauten" means "Collapsing Buildings" - that has a strange taste these days (but of course the music has nothing to do with the WTC - there is also a DeathMetal band "Antrax".

For german baroque music try out Georg Friedrich Händel. He spent most of his life in England and made a music totally different from Bach´s work. Very joyfull, bright and vital - do not want to say that Bach´s music is not vital and cannot be joyfull, but it is more serious (and Bach never left Germany). Anyway, I also love Bachs madrigal work.