Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

If DOOM 3 had a new difficulty setting what would it be called?

What do you think? Tell me what you think the new difficuly setting should have to make it the hardest.

Though it's hard to imagine a difficulty harder than Nightmare (is that even possible?), the name "Pray to God" is fitting. When it's called "Nightmare", you can at least wake up from the dream before the worst happens; it's not really real. But you only really pray in real life, and that's what makes it so fucking scary!

Harder than NIGHTMARE? How about...

"Only pick this difficulty if you don't want to have any fun".

Unholy

hmm...how about Unfair?

as far as the easiest skill level...if I ever made a game (which I will do since I plan to get into the industry) I would have the easiest skill be called "I Suck!"

Well of course this new difficuly would mainly be for co-op.

CO-OP??????? /me literally is ROFL maniacally

God, you people crack me up!

Here what I think the new hardest skill should have.

Respawning
No cheats
Less ammo
Enemies take more damage
Enemies deal more damage
Your shots are weaker
Enemies are faster
Enemies AI is a little better
Slime and traps do more damage
No health potions or spirit armor pickups
No spheres
Helper bots

Well what do you guys wanna add to the list?

Did you mean NO helper bots? Or did you mean helper bots for the monsters?

Helper bots as in they help you. Wouldnt a helper bot for the monsters just be a monster?

HITLER'S REVENGE!...oh wait wrong game.

Here are some good Doom one though:
WRATH OF CARMAK
WRATH OF LÜT
RETURN OF ROMERO
MILLIONS OF MANCUBI
500 IMPS PER SQUARE MILE
AND ALL HELL FOLLOWED
THY SANITY CONSUMED
SPACEBAR MASHING
DEEPER INTO THE INFERNO
HELL ON HELL
WHO WANTS TO BE A BADASS?
WHO WANTS TO BE FLAYED ALIVE?
THEY WON'T DIE!
RIDE THE CYBERDEMON'S ROCKET

Dan: Heh.
More Difficulty titles:
HELL+HELL=INSANE DIFFICULTY!!!
PREPARE TO RIP YOUR HAIR OUT AND DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER!
MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
NO HOPE FOR LIFE
THY MIND FLAYED!
NOTHING CAN HELP YOU!!

Here what I think the new hardest skill should have.

Respawning
No cheats
Less ammo
Enemies take more damage
Enemies deal more damage
Your shots are weaker
Enemies are faster
Enemies AI is a little better
Slime and traps do more damage
No health potions or spirit armor pickups
No spheres
Helper bots

Well what do you guys wanna add to the list?

No player weapons
Players are unable to move

I have finally come up with a name!

Here goes:

THIS DIFFICULTY IS SO HARD THAT NOT EVEN THE BEST DOOMER CAN BEAT IT...NOT BY A LONGSHOT BUDDY! GUESS YOU MIGHT AS WELL PUT THAT GUN DOWN, STAY WHERE YOU ARE AT, AND LET THE SLAVERING BEASTS OF HELL MAUL YOU TO SHREDS. NONE OF YOUR SHOTS WILL MATTER, FOR DAMAGE ON THIS DIFFICULTY IS ABOUT TEN MILLION TIMES LESS THAN WHAT IT USUALLY IS. HA HA, GUESS YOU GET THE LAST LAUGH. ALL THE MONSTERS NEED TO DO IS LAY A FINGER ON YOUR WORTHLESS 200% ARMOR AND YOU'LL SPLATTER INTO OBLIVION! WOW, THAT BLOODSTAIN ON THE FLOOR WHERE YOUR BODY USED TO BE IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF WHAT'S TO COME NOW THAT YOU'VE PICKED THIS DIFFICULTY LEVEL. YOU WERE OUR ONLY HOPE FOR SALVATION AND DESTRUCTION OF THESE HELLSPAWN. THANKS TO YOU, ALL OF HUMANITY WILL SUFFER, BE TORTURED, MAYBE EVEN PERISH. CITIES WILL BURN, THE GROUND WILL BE BARREN, AND CORPSES WILL COVER WHAT ONCE WAS BEAUTIFUL LAND. NICE GOING BUDDY. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOUR WIFE AND KIDS WILL BE TORTURED, MAYBE EVEN RAPED! ALL THEY'LL ASK IS, "WHY?" RIGHT BEFORE THE IMPS OR BARONS OR WHATEVER SLITS THEIR THROATS. YOUR BUDDIES LOOKING DOWN, OR RATHER, UP UPON YOU FROM HELL WILL ASK, "WHY'D YOU DO IT BUDDY? DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU HAD THE GUTS OR SKILL TO DO IT? MAN, NOT EVEN GOD COULD DO THIS! GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET ALONG WITH ME DOWN HERE!" I'LL BET THAT EVEN YOU WILL BE KICKING YOURSELF IN THE ASS FOR CHOOSING THIS DIFFICULTY! WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN HELL, WHOEVER RUNS IT WILL BE LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF AND DANCE ALL OVER YOU. WHO KNOWS? MAYBE IN A FEW THOUSAND YEARS EARTH WILL BE DESTROYED AND NOTHING LEFT OF IT WILL REMAIN EXCEPT MAYBE A CHARRED ROCK. THE DEMONS WILL JUST LEAVE EARTH LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED AND MOVE ON TO ENSLAVE SOME OHTER USUSPECTING WORLD. ALL THIS JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOSE THIS DIFFICULTY LEVEL. HUMANITY WILL ONLY BE A MEMORY AT BEST? WHY? WHY? COME ON BUDDY! CAN'T YOU JUST GET SOME COMMON SENSE INTO YOUR HEAD? ASK YOURSELF, "DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? CAN I REALLY SAVE EARTH AT THIS HIGH A DIFFICULTY?" WELL, DON'T BOTHER ASKING BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE...NO, YOU DON'T, AND NOBODY DOES! YOU'VE WASTED ENOUGH TIME JUST READING WHAT THE NAME OF THIS DIFFICULTY LEVEL IS, SO WHY BOTHER EVEN SELECTING IT? DO YOURSELF AND THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE A FAVOR AND DON'T PICK THIS DIFFICULTY LEVEL! CAN YOU POSSIBLY THINK OF ANYTHING DUMBER TO DO THAN PICK THIS DIFFICULTY?????

Imagine all that on the menu. Heh. Also, you know how when you pick Nightmare, it gives a warning before you start (Are you sure? This difficulty isn't even remotely fair)? Well, here's my warning for this new difficulty:

FINE! GO AHEAD! I WASTED ALL THOSE WORDS FOR NOTHING! WE'RE DOOMED NOW BECAUSE OF YOU! I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD OF YOUR DECISION, YOU CUM GUZZLING, MONKEY ASS RAPING, SON-OF-A-BITCH! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE NOW, THANKS TO THIS DECISION OF YOURS! YOU MIGHT AS WELL START WRITING YOUR EPITAPH NOW, IF YOU'LL BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A GRAVESTONE! I HATE YOU MAN! I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU TO FUCKING HELL! I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END LIKE THIS, BUT NOOOOOOOOO, YOU JUST HAD TO PICK IT, DIDN'T YOU? NOW YOU'RE GONNA GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE MOST SHAMEFUL MAN OF ALL, THE MAN THAT BROUGHT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO HUMANKIND! SOME HERO Y0OU ARE! HUMANITY WILL BE LUCKY IF IT EVEN HAS A HISTORY AFTER THIS! NO, WE WON'T. WE'LL ALL BE ROTTING IN THE GROUND OR HAVE BEEN EATEN BY A DEMON OR AN IMP BY THE TIME YOU FINISH WITH THIS DIFFICULTY, WHICH SHOULDN'T LAST TOO LONG. GOODBYE, AND THANKS FOR NOTHING, NUMBNUTS! I CAN'T BELIEVE MORE TIME HAS BEEN WASTED TRYING TO WARN YOU OF THE DANGERS AHEAD, AND YOU WERE TOO THICK-HEADED TO LISTEN TO ME! BOO FUCKING HOO! I REALLY WANNA FRAG YOUR ASS NOW!

You get the idea; the player will become so frustrated with reading all that that they'll never pick it if their life depended on it!

(Note: I hope you're not taking this serioiusly)

"Challenging" sounds like a good difficulty level description. Thats just me, though...

"This is too difficult for you but I know you'll choose it anyway"

/me chooses
/me gets fragged by taking a step
/me respawns
...repeat