Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Doom 3 on 08/03/04?

Or 03/08/04 if you use the wacky non-US date format. Anyway, this isn't official by any means, so please take it with a huge mound of salt, but various game selling websites are reporting this as Doom 3's release date. Check out EB Games, Gamestop and a small article on IGN. Speaking of salt-eating, it's worth noting that Best Buy has a release date of July 13th still and Amazon says August 1st, so who really knows.

Until the date is announced by id itself, I won't believe ANY dates supplied by any sites.

Cyb, I thought you of all people knew better than posting rumored dates.

I don't believe in anything anymore... I'm moving to Newdoom.

and canceling Action Doom!

I thought Action Doom 3 was planned for release in august and that Arioch lost! Hmm...

BBG said:

Until the date is announced by id itself, I won't believe ANY dates supplied by any sites.

[emeril]BAM[/emeril]

release dates REALLY suck !

If there is none, anyone is complaining.
If there is one, it sucks waiting for it.
If its coming about, it tends to be wrong.

These sites shouldn't guess the release date. Its just driving everyone nuts! If you dont know the release date, then don't try to guess it.

All these sites guessing the release date of Doom 3 is like so many people trying to guess the date of the Rapture. It's become rather humorous watching them try to come up with and getting worked up over release date after release date, only to have it come and go with no Doom 3. I wonder what those people who pre-ordered it for April 15th are thinking right about now.

Only when id announces the official release date will I believe it.

everytime they make a guess at a release date, their poxy crap sites get another round of hits as people check it out to determine the bullshit factor.

It's good business sense to keep the shit flowing.

Cyb said:

Or 03/08/04 if you use the wacky non-US date format.

how lame remark, you can then call the US date format non-World or non-international. Soooo few countries use the US/UK format...

This also brings us to the illogical feet/miles/gallons/pounds system... note that all scientists in the US the international system meters/liters/kilograms ... because it's sooo much easier to use :)

VinceDSS said:

how lame remark, you can then call the US date format non-World or non-international. Soooo few countries use the US/UK format...

Er, what? The US and UK date formats are different.

BTW, are you aware that it was the French who introduced the illogical convention of driving on the right?

How is driving on the right side illogical? I thought there were no real advantages to either, both still being in use simply because the roads are already there...

Anyway, 2004-08-03.

Hmm, this is going to be like that phunny game from 3d Realms with that "hero" that cant stop talking :P
BTW: If 3D Realms bring us DN4E this year, ill post a pic of mine.... naked!
Someone holding this bed? Maybee even a female doomworld user? ^.^

And for the date format:

3. Oktober 2004... i won!

Fredrik said:

How is driving on the right side illogical? I thought there were no real advantages to either, both still being in use simply because the roads are already there...

Anyway, 2004-08-03.

I use this date format too, it's much easier to sort files this way :)

The english choosed the left from old times, because most people are right handed and the sword had to be on the same side as people coming from the other direction. (that's just a story I heard)

About the supposedly french introduction of the right side, it's just because most France have a long history of hating the Brits. And the opposite is also true. They alwasy tried to invade France :)

Btw, IMO, I think most countries drive on the right side because it's easier to shift gears with right hand :) (Americans might not be familiar with manual gears)

Couple cents about Best Buy.
Press Est. arriv. time (or something) in blue square
and it'll give you: 8/5-8/10/2004 !

the British Board of Film Classification has a DOOM III Listing with a rating for the game, a seeming indication that they've already been able to review all its content

According to /., which takes it from Blue's.

funny timing, I just noticed that. Gamestop's new pre-order design still has a RP instead of MA though, so surely the date is wrong. although halo2 recieved its rating, and so far in advance, it has not been revieled. not that we need to be told that both games will recieve a mature rating.

DooMBoy said:

Who cares, it'll be released when it's released

The smartest thing I've ever seen DooMBoy post.

Captain Red said:

The 3rd of august, 2004

Pöh!
Dritter August Zweitausendundvier!
Your Turn! :P