Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Chex Quest on a source port?

Has anyone been able to get Chex Quest to run on any of the source ports I.E. Legacy? I hear it runs on BOOM, but I have no idea how to get it to load.

Why the hell would you wanna play that sorry game. Its for little kids whos parents dont want them to play doom.There is not even blood.Its the sorrest game out there.Wolfenstein 3d is better than that game. Throw that game away and play doom.

Anyhow, anyone got an answer?

As the game was not designed as an add-on to DooM (i.e., it came with its own .exe) it would not ordinarily be supported by any source port. However, as it's only the .wad file you really need when using a source port, simply run the source port of your choice with the .wad file.

Btw, did you notice that the zip file that was available for download from the link mentioned by NightMare does not have an installer? This makes the game unplayable, as a wad file is not created. (Plus the whole hassle of extracting the .arj file.)

Btw, did you notice that the zip file that was available for download from the link mentioned by NightMare does not have an installer? This makes the game unplayable, as a wad file is not created. (Plus the whole hassle of extracting the .arj file.)

I was referring to the original Chex Quest. Of course, one could download the installed version from the idgames archives (which I proceeded to do).