Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

I got bored....

So I made a lousy (single player, omg) SkullTag map in a couple hours!

It's just some random map I made so don't expect it to be fancy or anything. The theme of the map is probably all messed up. I'll bet there are probably a ton of bugs (that I might fix if more than 2 people think this map is more than just a pile of horse dung), but meh! Here's some screenshots:

And.. uh.. before I forget, you can download the map HERE

You can possibly expect some less shitty maps from me, such as this one sooner or later.

BlackFish said:

Will it hit /newstuff?

Of course it will. I always try and get my maps up on /newstuff.

Heh, well.. apparently the 3Darchives are down, because I can't seem to connect to it, so.. uploading it may be a problem at this current point in time, unless I'm just being a dumbass and it is working.

Graf Zahl said:

Some crappy map...

Yeah, right! :?

Does this qualify for understatement of the year?

Well, when it comes to the theme and the gameplay of the map you could probably tell that it was pretty rushed.

looks pretty good i think

its not cluttered, but it sure as hell isnt bland. the open skylights arent just open ceilings, they ahve a shape. there is some interesting architecture.

id say run with it.

Well, I finally managed to get this uploaded to the archives, so I guess I can look forward to a /newstuff review this week. Woot, or somehting.

They look good--you'll probably get a good review. I really ought to download it--ill just wait for newstuff however.

Wow, Spork...
Architecture... awesome.
ZDoom/Skulltag stuff... cool...

But the gameplay... argh. Nothing against you man, but this is the kind of wad that grinds every nerve I have in terms of gameplay. The second room practically screamed "bullshit" to me... you find yourself in the direct firing line of two mancubi and a third to back them up, with an SSG, no armor and nowhere to run. And it only got more "fun." I god-moded through 90% of the map... :-/

Agent Spork said:

Well, I finally managed to get this uploaded to the archives, so I guess I can look forward to a /newstuff review this week. Woot, or somehting.

Heh. I am still wondering why I have two names. Probably something stupid I did two years ago.

Thanks for the comments, though!

But the gameplay... argh. Nothing against you man, but this is the kind of wad that grinds every nerve I have in terms of gameplay. The second room practically screamed "bullshit" to me... you find yourself in the direct firing line of two mancubi and a third to back them up, with an SSG, no armor and nowhere to run. And it only got more "fun." I god-moded through 90% of the map... :-/

Heh, that's the kind of gameplay I make when I'm really bored. My other single-player maps aren't usually like that.

AgentSpork said:

Of course it will. I always try and get my maps up on /newstuff.

How do i get one of my maps on newstuff?

Do you realize that you just bumped a thread that's almost a year old, for that question? There just so happens to be a thread at the VERY TOP of this forum labeled /newstuff FAQ. That should help to inform you as to exactly how to upload a map to the iDGames archive.

Equinox said:

How do i get one of my maps on newstuff?

You do fucking relize that not only did you bump a year old thread, MY NEWSTUFF FAQ IS FUCKING POSTED ON THE TOP OF THE FORUM OF THE STICKY YOU STUPID SHIT.