Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Espi

One Deep suggestion

It would be nice if every 64 units of the grid were highlited more then the rest of the grid, so I could use, say, a grid of 8, and still have a clear idea of how to align the sectors, so I wouln't have to toggle the grid size all the time.

Guest Fanatic

I think WAD Author does that, it puts a hilighted plus on top of the 64x64 points, so you can see where the 64x64 grid is. Very useful I think.

The main standard for changes is user input. Up to now, nobody ever asked:)

It just so happens that was already on my mind, but I don't want it to look ugly or interfere with the map too much, as some others appear to me. Maybe a solid against a dotted line or visa versa depending on the grid type setting (press D to see what I mean). I'll just use the same H command to toggle the grid to 3 settings.

Hm, I was gonna suggest this but I figured it was probably in there somewhere and I just didn't look for it... maybe you ought to have a possible different color for it as well? I also know some editors use crosshairs for the 64x64 marks while the grid can be any size; that could make another option.

I think that most users do what I did - I put the grid in temporary 64 mode. 1/2 (most?) of the time I don't use snap-to-grid at all, since that just gets in the way of detailed areas that are real close together.

Having "marks" at 64 across the screen can be visually pretty annoying - so that's why I prefer something subdued. A color choice is not a problem for those that like it bright! I think I'll just use the same code as for the Thing + marks since the grid code is actually an internal bitmap I build (to get nice tight dotted lines).

Well that wasn't too hard to do, the most work was in messing with the dialogs.

For marking the 64 points, you can have a bitmap solid image or a +. You can vary either from 2 to 6 and the color is up to you.

I did make H toggle 4 ways, none, normal, normal+64 and just 64.

Jack, You Da Man!!!!
What a great idea. I am thrilled to have you always a step or two ahead of the pack. Making a great product even Better.
Thanks,
Searcher